1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

2. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 48 complete.

Me and my wife we make love only when I want to, she usualy doesn’t want to. She does it because she thinks that she might never want to and she never did want it, except for when we start doing it and it’s enjoyful. I decided to refuse making love to her just to make me happy and instead spend that time to improve our relationship so that she might actually want to make love to me. I wonder how long it will take. Going this pah gives me mixed emotions because I am afraid that she might never actualy want me physically and that I am taking away a good thing from myself for no reason. I think it’s related to the recover, but I can stop sharing if it’s too much for you.

Talz, MS PBH, Kairose and 10 others like this.
  3. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

4. 10
    (No sexual Thoughts/Fantasy/ Voluntary Self Arousal/ Viewing any Triggering content)

Urge to pmo is very strong today.

Why is it my desire for pmo dies after watching her THIS video?

Urge to PMO was over the roof, I was setting up for relapse, now I have no desire, no desire at all.

This girl.. Man!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2022
  5. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

Day 8
    Urges at night and in the morning, but managable, strong motivation keeps me going.

6. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

7. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 4 - Orc,
    The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

8. Gandalf_the_White

Gandalf_the_White Fapstronaut

9. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 343 no PMO. Yesterday was a great day for me. I worked most of the day at church. I had a break in the afternoon and I cleaned up my Jeep and got it ready for spring (wishful thinking). It was a nice day yesterday and I was feeling motivated. Went on several short walks during breaks at church and started listening to The Hobbit (motivated by this challenge). No urges at all yesterday.

10. Warthog

Warthog Fapstronaut

Man, I can totally relate. I am doing this not just for me but to fix the physical relationship with my wife too. Don't worry, things will improve with time, at least they have done for me in the past!

Ready to Stop, Chi405, Talz and 4 others like this.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Fapstronaut

Graduated to Hobbit. Feels good. I wont lie, the urges have been pretty strong recently. I usually get to the 2 week mark and then break. Hoping if I can make it through another week things might get better.

Ready to Stop, Chi405, Talz and 6 others like this.
  12. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

13. Yozin

Yozin Fapstronaut

Day 20 ..complete

14. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

First, don't stop sharing. Second, it is a good chance to keep your streak without the chaser effect. I endorse you in your decision. When you reboot sure you'll be again her blue prince.

15. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 14: Very very tough one.

I'm going to start with that I had a very real dream about me preparing to relapse and doing it. In the middle of the MO session, I just realized that something was not right and I woke up. Then my memories came back, and with then, nofap, this challenge, my streak, and you guys, and I said NO, NO this time. It is incredible that something like tomorrow I'll begin the journey as a Hobbit really encourage me to keep going. I fought for some minutes with the images in the dream and the growing urge. I checked the time (I never check the time because it causes me anxiety) and it was 3:10 am so, @Kairose was right. Eventually, I fell asleep, and I woke up two times more, but I could manage to continue sleeping.

Today is the first day after a week that I go out to bring children to school and I return to be completely alone with my urges. During the day I had one so strong urge that I felt dizzy. It was the time between meetings and they helped me not to fall. But after the last one, I was sure that I would relapse. The thing is that I want to relapse and this is what (I think everyone here) fight. I remembered what @Kairose did about blaming the daemons in my mind. I hit many times the emergency button while I was in the meeting (remember I work remotely and I see this site from my home PC because on the work one it is blocked) until I found this: A list of all the bullshit you tell yourself before you relapse. : NoFap (reddit.com) and the last sentence was "Today, I relapsed because I didn't force myself to take a cold shower, but the fact remains that I could have taken one. And if I had, I wouldn't have relapsed. Period". So I made the decision, to take a cold shower in winter. I took a security measure in case of Hypothermia. When I was just below the shower I opened the hot water. At home, it takes about 30 seconds to get warm. Well, I stayed below it the 30 seconds counting in a high voice from 1 to 30 then I closed the water. I'm still shaking. I hope it works, at least the urge was gone thank you @Rennault.

We are doing this together and I feel that I owe you to continue the streak. Thank you, guys.

Hopefully, my journey will begin tomorrow.

Ready to Stop, Chi405, Talz and 8 others like this.
  16. I’m in a very similar situation. I’m still trying to be very affectionate towards her but not asking for anything more. I’d like a 90 day streak minimum so I can court her like when we were dating.

17. Qanihil

Qanihil Fapstronaut

Ready to Stop, Chi405, Talz and 9 others like this.
  18. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

19. Well done man. Very inspiring!

Ready to Stop, Chi405, Talz and 8 others like this.