1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Scared of not being fertile and dealing with mild gynecomastia

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by StayClean&Proactive, Feb 3, 2022.

1. StayClean&Proactive

StayClean&Proactive Fapstronaut

I'm scared that I might not be fertile. I looked up the symptoms of Klinefelter's syndrome and I have a few of the symptoms but not all of them. I have are unusually long arms wide hips, and mild gynecomastia. However, I have a a lot of body hair, normal penis and testicle size, normal sex drive and an extremely deep voice. People with Klinefelter's produce low amounts of testosterone. I'm scared to go to the doctor to get screened because of shame and embarrassment from telling my family members. My deepest fear is finding out I have it, which means I can't have any kids, or I'd have a low chance of being fertile even if I get treated. I need to get my gynecomastia fixed, but I'm also too embarrassed to tell anybody. Plus I don't want to do it in the summer, or I'll miss out on summer activities with friends. If I lived alone, I would've gotten screened and gotten my gyno corrected in a heartbeat. I'm far more afraid of the shame and embarrassment that I will face me when my family members and friends find out. Including my younger sister who will probably make fun of me for the gyno. I'm also afraid my dad won't take it seriously and will say there's no need to get it repaired because it's so mild. I started to develop gyno around the time I hit puberty, which was during the summer before 7th Grade. Kids in camp were making fun of me because I had larger nipples. My chest still looks like a man's chest, just with perky nipples. I now have a lot of chest hair too. If you watch Seinfeld and saw the scene where George takes his shirt off, that's the most accurate representation my gynecomastia looks like. An average person would assume nothing is wrong if they saw my chest, they would only notice my larger than normal nipples. I plan on getting it repaired in the future, but still, I'm extremely ashamed and embarrassed, it also makes me feel less masculine and it makes me feel feminine. My brother doesn't have gyno, he has normal male nipples, and I envy him for that. In middle school, starting in 7th Grade I wore an undershirt to make sure my nipples weren't poking through my shirts. When I was 12, during the summer before 7th Grade, I wore a white shirt and my siblings pointed and laughed at me and said "I can see your nipples through your shirt!!!!", I quickly ran to my room to get an undershirt. I wore undershirts everyday until my junior year of high school. I felt naked whenever I didn't have an undershirt. So much so to the point that sometimes I would go a long time without showering because I was scared of running out of undershirts and I was too ashamed to tell my parents that I needed more undershirts. People have even asked "Why are you wearing two shirts???". One time In 8th grade, a kid came up to me and grabbed my nipples and said I had man titties, even when I was wearing an undershirt everything still poked through. It wasn't until late high school where I was confident enough to not wear an undershirt anymore, even if I had a shirt on that made me poke through. Nobody said anything about it afterward. One time during my senior year, a few weeks before everything shut down due to covid, a guy came up to me and flicked my nipple and shouted "Titty Flick!!!" I then punched him in the stomach after he robbed me of my manhood. I then reported him to the principal, but the school didn't do much, they just gave him a talk. I was demonized for defending myself after I had been robbed of my manhood. I do remember my dad said I should do push ups to improve the appearance of my chest when he saw how I looked without my shirt off while he was cutting my hair. I also remember my sister making a snarky comment and laughing after she said "I know why you wear undershirts, so people won't be able to see your nipples through your shirt". After a while, I knew I still had gyno, but I accepted it and thought nothing of it because it was such a mild form of it. It didn't begin to bother me again until an incident at work happened a few months ago. I wore a blue athletic shirt to work and a younger female coworker noticed my nipples were poking through and she shouted "Bro, why are your nipples hard???!!!" I then said "Why are you looking?" and then she said "Your nipples are just poking right out, how could I not look!?!?!?". My nipples weren't hard, they were at their normal state. Because of the gyno, it makes my nipples easier to see when I wear a thinner shirt with brighter colors. I then fell into an extreme state of shame and depression. I also began feminine because of that comment that was made towards me. I even stopped wearing normal shirts to work and started to cover up with my jacket more often because of how ashamed I was over my nipples poking through my shirt. I've only told my therapist about my gyno and he claimed nothing was wrong with me and I should get over it because every guy deals with their nipples being seen through their shirt. He said I should see a doctor and get screened before I talk to him about gyno again. I'm not too afraid of getting the surgery to get rid of the gyno, while the surgery is a little bit scary and a tiny bit risky, I'm more afraid of the shame and embarrassment that will come once everyone finds out that I had to go in and get it fixed. I also stopped working out and going to the gym because I'm scared of my gyno getting worse if I start to workout before I get my gyno fixed. Even though I have no moobs, I still have puffy feminine looking nipples that I'm highly ashamed of. When I'm cold and my nipples are erect, they look normal and they become brown instead of pink when they're soft. It's only when they're soft that it's noticeable. I feel extremely ashamed and emasculated for having gyno. The part that worries me the most is that gyno repair is not covered by insurance, so I'll have to save up in order to get it corrected. Hopefully I can have it done while I'm still young.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2022
  2. SeekingMyWay2

SeekingMyWay2 Fapstronaut

Test Prolactin, Estrogen, Cortisol, Testosterone, Thyroid

High Estrogen/Prolactin can widen hips, cause gyno/fertility issues and general feminization

Tumours can output excess prolactin

3. Controller69

Controller69 Fapstronaut

Seems like I was meant to see this today.
    Hey bro! I hope you're doing well. I'm in the same shoes as you, infact it's surprising to say that we've had about the same experiences in life regarding our confident being destroyed after puberty hit.
    It took a lot of time for me to tell myself I had Gyno, Although it's relatively mild, It's still noticeable even now.
    I would advise you not to worry about the fertility thing, in fact work on yourself and finding the right person, and if you aren't able to conceive then go for some medical help.
    Besides that, you should 100% HIT THE GYM it'll decrease fat and increase Muscle mass on the chest, focus on losing body-fat percentage, increasing your cardiovascular exercise this in turn will help tremendously, it can give you a boost in confidence, and once you can pay for the surgery go for it!( Consider getting it done from another country like Malaysia or somewhere in Asia, it'll cost a fraction of the price).
    Also don't be to hard on yourself, I know sometimes it hurts to think why it's this way, but we must stay firm and focused, improvement and acceptance is the way to go.
    I'm here if you need to talk some more! Hope this helped you out.

4. Battlestar

Battlestar Fapstronaut

Doing something about your concern will make you feel better, not worse.

If you do have some hormonal thing going on you want to know NOW, not wait until you are done growing. You really need to go to the doctor to confirm you have gynecomastia. I understand you are worried, but gynecomastia is different from "man boobs" or large nipples. Lots of guys have man boobs. I remember some guys in school definitely had man boobs, but I didn't really think much of it. Gynecomastia is when you actually start growing breasts (sorta). A lot of guys get it when they get older. You get a hard spot or lump right behind your nipple. You can't see it. If you do have any hormone issues you want to know ASAP. I have read that soy products can cause gynecomastia because soy has estrogen like compounds. If it's only fat, loosing weight will help.

You don't have to tell everyone that you need to go to the doctor for man boobs. You can figure something out, like find a reason for a check up, and ask while you are there, or just tell your dad or something. Don't imagine the worst. You almost certainly will not have surgery. Probably the only thing you'll need is an exam and blood tests.

I started getting it after 40. Something started growing there all of a sudden, and I was like, "Great, I've got breast cancer." You should have heard me on the phone making the appointment. "Um, this is really embarrassing, but I'm getting a lump in my breast...." LOL Yes, guys can get breast cancer. That was nothing compared to trying to get a mammogram. The radiology girls were getting frustrated because there was nothing to squeeze in the machine. LOL. As a guy, you just haven't lived until you've had a mammogram. LOL The main thing is that I got checked out. They couldn't find a reason for it, but I don't have any obvious hormone problems. I'm just telling you that so you don't feel alone, not because you'll have to get a mammogram.

5. I would really, really recommend not worrying about fertility. The symptoms you said you have are all things that tons and tons of normal, healthy men have. None of that seems like an indication of infertility to me.

And even if you do happen to have infertility, or low fertility, there are options. Adoption is a wonderful option. There are so many children in the world who need a good home. That's a bridge you can cross when you get to it. No need to worry about it right now.

As for the rest, I would agree with the above comment to hit the gym. Building muscle will definitely improve your condition, and your self esteem in general. If you build muscle in a healthy way, it is also good for your overall health, so it's really a great thing to do anyway.