1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

For my check in today, I want to thank @Redemptionisrequired for the example of brutal honesty in the post above. No true progress can be made in the battle against the hordes of PMOrdor without removing secrecy and self-delusion from the equation.

Two LOTR quotes seem apropo here:
    “Let him not vow to walk in the dark, who has not seen the nightfall.” – Elrond
    “The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little, and it will fail, to the ruin of all. Yet hope remains while the Company is true.” Galadriel

Those of you who continue walking after experiencing nightfall, those of you who quest on, aware of the peril of straying, are good and true company for us all. It takes great strength to admit a brush with ruin and chronicle it in detail like you have done. Your vow to surpass your previous record means more because you know how to retain hope in the dark.

2. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

3. Pathfinder Lazarus

Pathfinder Lazarus Fapstronaut

It's unfortunate to end such a long streak, I was hoping for 40 days but alas. Despite my failure I'm going to be proud of myself for making it as far as I did, especially with how often I was fighting cravings! Failure is apart of the process even if it's often discouraging.
    I'm going to learn from this failure and push for a solid 19 days this time!
    Begin again, day 0

4. Thanks for your advice brother...i will surely avoid all triggers as possible with my all the energy...your suggesstions are always welcome...

5. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 48

Today has been a weird one. I found out my ex is dating again, and while that is is no way a problem (I’m happy she has found someone that makes her happy), these revelations do make you think.

After finding this out the urges came on like a storm, I don’t think I’ve been more tempted to relapse than I have today. Despite this I kept thinking ‘do I really want to be the person that uses PMO instead of improving themselves?’ - and realised that PMO will never bring me any satisfaction beyond a few fleeting moments.

Tomorrow I’m getting up at 6am and going to the gym, kicking myself into gear and sorting out my routine is long overdue. I’ll walk through the Doors of Durin with a smile knowing I’m leaving my past behind.

6. stronaut2021

stronaut2021 Fapstronaut

Day 31

I had an urge that appeared from nowhere without explanation (maybe a trigger that I didn't notice), I felt the urge to look at women's pics on internet. I caught myself looking at one gif on Twitter with a woman in the gym. I closed the tab upon my conscience returned. Now the urge is gone luckily. As others here have said, you need to be on your guard at all times and not fall asleep on our transient victories.

And the journey continues...

7. SSS Vision

SSS Vision Fapstronaut

Your persistance will DWARF these temptations within two days, my elven brother. That is a powerful realization you had. Onward!

8. goldchain

goldchain Fapstronaut

Day 18.

I'm sorry, my last check-in was at day 14.

I have very strict criteria for girls, which I sleep and dating with, but now I'm in relationships lol, she's hot af and smart. Nofap really works, it helped to feel myself more confident and gave me men power to attract and seduce her (but of course I have skills for this). Keep going as Hobbit, fuck anxiety!

@RiseToGreatness , add me please to the fellowship list. And thank you for this challenge, for your time.

9. Anon117

Anon117 Fapstronaut

10. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 196

New avatar! :D
    Wanted to change it in day 200 but welp, almost there...

Great day, went swimming and talked a lot with a good friend! He knows about my PMO addiction, and I know he is addicted to M, so we can talk pretty open about all that stuff.
    Also talked him and my brother about nofap, I don't like having secrets really. As a follower of the light I like being in the light.

11. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

13. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 7 - Orc, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

Feeling hopefull and optimistic. Really bonding with my gf the last week. Weekend is ahead however, stay vigilant.

14. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Day one and still going strong.
    Yesterday I did everything right :)

Exercise and meditation, studying and talking to new people to make new human connections. And I’ve finished a great fantasy book called Transformation by Carol Burg and finishing a good book is simply one of my favorite feelings in the world.

Today also started great, I hope that everything will continue like this.

15. Don80

Don80 Fapstronaut

16. Chi405

Chi405 Fapstronaut

17. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 361 no PMO. I got out of work early and spent the afternoon with my daughter basically doing whatever she wanted. Great day! Zero urges! Let’s all have a great weekend!

rotten_tomato, Chi405, MS PBH and 9 others like this.
  18. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut