1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

thank you bro :)

2. Great thanks! I've just realised you can look at P on Reddit too...hopefully the DNS will block this also?

3. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

5 months down. Next milestone in view

4. Plethe

Plethe Fapstronaut

Reset. Did great for a week... then some stress, some boredom... Bam. PMO most days for the last week or so, what a waste.

Too much to do in life to burn all this time on nothing.

Any encouragement would be much appreciated - this is a private battle for me, no one local in my life to talk with about it. Thanks.

Bernard O., artifact and Stelvio like this.
  5. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

You got this. We're all in this together.

A setback is just a bump in the road, not a wall blocking your path.

artifact likes this.
  6. Plethe

Plethe Fapstronaut

Thanks for that - really appreciate the encouragement! Starting back up the hill again :)

7. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Getting going again. Kind of scared how far my mindset went. Probably worse than ever by a good deal and the drop starter from being in a better place than before.

There is no maintaining a status quo. I think I defeat PMO or it defeats me in the last end.

artifact likes this.
  8. Steveal3aneef1

as long as you're still fighting , you're basically winning

GottaBFree likes this.
  9. Steveal3aneef1

I think so, but to make sure you can manually block the website by adding the URL to your blocklist in the router

GottaBFree and Wanttosucceed like this.
  10. Steveal3aneef1

I got a new job!!! I did 2 exams and had 4 interviews in English (which is not my native language ), before Nofap I wouldn't pass the first ONE , somehow I was able to control my feelings and become slightly less awkward :D. To be honest I feel so proud and I consider it an achievement because I was unemployed for 2 years. I realized that life is getting harder and harder every day thus I need a tough mentality to advance through it, and with PMO I will go nowhere. All in all , you attract good things doing nofap.

this made more persistent to get fully recovered ,and while doing so I will not hesitate helping others to get recovered as well .

ctr, goingforit, GottaBFree and 3 others like this.
  11. Stelvio

Stelvio Fapstronaut

12. Reset for me. I have real problems getting past the 3 week mark.

13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Haven’t really gotten going yet, but today is a new day.

14. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Check in- happy Friday all!

15. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

july 1st 2019. Been at this since I was 20 but been on the site working on it for a while.

It was fun to look at this and the early journal. Lots of people have found success. I used to look at all the missing and see it as negative.

Rokus, goingforit and artifact like this.
  16. Thanks Rokus! I'm grateful that you guys are taking part in this thread I created. It helps me a lot too.

17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Counter to 1 and a big day to one day at a time this - get back to good habits.

Rokus and Steveal3aneef1 like this.
  18. Steveal3aneef1

no matter how many relapses you have , just focus on creating good habits

Rokus, goingforit and GottaBFree like this.
  19. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

checking in. Happy to get to 60 days. This is my second longest streak of all time and I’ve had years of 1-3 week streaks. My mood has been a little up and down, like I’ll be genuinely happy most of the time and motivated then not feel like getting off the couch the minority, but my sexual interest is low, which is nice.

I like all these little tips. My strategy when I see an attractive woman is to imagine her negative qualities. Is she selfish, crazy, demanding?

It was The School of Greatness by Lewis Howes but I actually don’t know which episode. I was ripping through them while doing a project. I’ll check out that episode, thanks for the recommendation.

Just started The Molecule of More. Interesting so far.

I find 3 weeks the hardest. When I can actually get past 3 weeks, it settles down.

1 person likes this.
  20. marksaysay

marksaysay Fapstronaut

Day 169. I was thinking today about how drastically different life is for me, as opposed to 169 days ago.

I'm happier, more confident, more outgoing. I care way more about my appearance than I think I ever have. I have clearer thinking and seem to really just enjoy the most simple things. Silence for long periods of time is now refreshing. I take cold showers daily. I meditate daily, often several times. I have absolutely no problem striking up conversations with gorgeous women. Heck, today, I literally felt like a woman I had just met was undressing me with her eyes. Her look was quite intense. And she did it on two separate interactions. I use to feel so intimidated by pretty women. NOT ANYMORE!

After refusing to let my former facility owner tell me what I could charge, I'm now training at a new facility where they are literally building it around me. They're marketing and promoting me all over their social media and website. It's so awesome!

I no longer have a negative and pessimistic outlook on life and the things happening to me right now, in my opinion, are a direct result in the change in my approach to just life in general. I could probably go on and on, but I guess I'm just actually starting to live instead of simply existing!!!

Last edited: Mar 11, 2022