1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What your Avatar means to you, or why you chose it.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Farzium, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Daryn

Daryn Fapstronaut

avis are just makeshift faces imo so I put that guy from mha cause he looks kinda like me but better.

2. My face is distorted from too much PMO.

FellatiousD likes this.
  3. I chose my avatar because I suffer from depression and anxiety but I still try to remain relaxed. My user name stands for "Hello Darkness My Old Friend" and I feel the profile pic compliments it in more ways than one, lol.

Munchausen and FellatiousD like this.
  4. YoungLenny

YoungLenny Fapstronaut

I choose my avatar because it represents what i wanna achieve. because have this hobby of sailing and sometimes my father and i would travel out on the ocean like the one in my profile pic and is the best most peaceful feeling i have ever got. My goal is to achieve this feeling of happiness and peacefulness when i quit PMO.

And maybe someday i will buy my own sailboat and travel the world

BrighterFuture likes this.
  5. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

My avatar is a reminder of the circle of life,

you start as

green
    , happy, energetic, young and most known as the foolish stage.
    you grow up and become

yellow
    , which represents maturity, where one starts to think differently, and grows
    and then

orange
    , is when you start to understand what once seemed impossible, and think bigger
    and then

red
    , now you know so much about everything that you want to share it with everyone, most notably those who are still the green stage
    and then,

brown
    , well, you're near the end, what have you given? And are you proud of what have you given?

After that... the circle doesn't stop I guess

GigglingTrout and Revanthegrey like this.
  6. I used to go by CassTeaElle here, which is my username on several other sites as well, and Cass is a common shortened version of my actual name. But then I wanted a bit more anonymity, to not have my username be the same as other sites, so I changed it to Castielle, which is the feminine spelling of the name.

And those names are all based off of one of my favorite Supernatural characters, Castiel, who is my avatar. I chose this pic of him when he's trying to be super serious, but he's holding his fake FBI badge upside down because he's anxious about lying. I love that moment, and like Fellatious D said in his reply a few years back, it reminds me to not take life too seriously.

That was why I chose this avatar back in the day. This time around, I mostly chose it for the nostalgia and so that old buddies here can easily recognize me.

7. GotCaught

GotCaught Fapstronaut

Babies are cute and they depict innocence :)

GigglingTrout and Revanthegrey like this.
  8. llRusty

llRusty Fapstronaut

Mine is a picture of myself looking out into the Grand Canyon. I got there by quitting a few other bad habits and saving money. It's a little reminder of what I can do when I have a goal in mind.

9. you_can_UK

you_can_UK Fapstronaut

mine represent a system of pulley attached to rough wedge.One mass is hanging which is "pmo" which is trying to take me down.The other on the wedge is me trying to walk on the rough but worthy path of nofap. Also the friction from the surface of inclined wedge is preventing the system from falling.

10. im_done

im_done Fapstronaut

The man in my profile is a degenerate coomer. We're practically the same.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  11. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

i always liked the idea of the jedi, so i decided i'll become one. i tried to draw myself, thankfully i am not recognizable, like the drawing does not look like me.

GigglingTrout likes this.
  12. Daruma

Daruma Fapstronaut

From my opening post on the new user forum:

My username and avatar is in reference to the Japanese goal-setting daruma doll. They are a traditional gift in Japan that can be used to set goals and signify perseverance. Their shape is designed such that when they are tipped over, they pop back up (signifying that whenever you stumble and fall, you must get back up again). The Japanese phrase "nana korobi ya oki" meaning "fall down seven times, stand up eight" is sometimes associated with them. When they are purchased, they come with blank eyes, and you paint in one eye when you set a goal. When you complete the goal, you paint in the other eye. I actually have a daruma doll in my room that I am dedicating to the goal of going 90 days PMO free. I will update my avatar with a 2-eyed daruma doll if and when I succeed.

13. GigglingTrout

GigglingTrout Fapstronaut

I can't help myself. She looks super pretty :oops:

14. DarkPassenger17

DarkPassenger17 Fapstronaut

As long as you can read what mine says then you know why I chose it. This nofap battle is won or lost primarily in our minds. We have to control our mind and shove out those triggering thoughts or we will never escape this hole we have dug ourselves.

you_can_UK and GigglingTrout like this.
  15. ABetter_Me

ABetter_Me New Fapstronaut

I chose my avatar to represent the "mission" of getting rid of PMO, and becoming a better person. With the rocket already on the NoFap logo I think my picture goes along with the brand.

silex_jedi and DarkPassenger17 like this.
  16. DarkPassenger17

DarkPassenger17 Fapstronaut

Doesn't seem very conducive to the whole purpose of this site

Mixolydian likes this.
  17. silex_jedi

silex_jedi Fapstronaut

you're a fapstronaut!

ABetter_Me likes this.
  18. InformalPermit8701

InformalPermit8701 Fapstronaut

I chose Kuzco from the moment right before he and Pacha go over the waterfall. After Pacha conforms Kuzco's fears about what is about to happen and what is over that waterfall, but he says with a determined look "Bring it on"

I chose this because I've been on this road before and I know how difficult and painful it is and how much relapsing sucks, but I'm still determined to keep going over that waterfall.

Meshuga likes this.
  19. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I like "slaying the dragon" stories, especially in a modern tone. I also like guns. So this terminator 1 photo fits perfectly.

Any of my pfps anywhere always features an archetypal knight of something and most likely a firearm.

20. Sailing is a metaphor for recovery. The wind, waves, and rocks are the unexpected things that fight against the pilot, who works to overcome the obstacles and stay on course.

Steady as she goes!

Reborn16 likes this.