1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The first time I quit.

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by MitchA, Mar 28, 2022.

1. MitchA

MitchA Fapstronaut

I'm back here. I will say, even long after you quit you can still find yourself falling back into things. I did, but I just have to quit again and get back to it.

Its worth it and let me tell you why. I quit for years. I successfully went 180 days hard mode...and stayed clean for a couple more years. And in that time, things really took off for me.

I went from masturbating five times a day to the worst kinds of things to:

Learning multiple instruments
    Almost completing a Master's
    Major promotions at work
    Met someone, and am now married and starting a family
    Fixed PIED and DE problems
    New car
    New, nice house
    Big trip to Italy for three weeks
    Best shape of my life

Guys its so worth it to quit and walk away. You can accomplish so much and make yourself so much better off. Sure, you'll have to be on guard. But I'm also the worst of the worst, so if I can...you can. And if I did it once I'll do it again.

becomingreat, sam0056, again and 9 others like this.
  2. Don'tLookBack

Don'tLookBack Fapstronaut

You're an inspiration, good sir!

3. Adam_714

Adam_714 Fapstronaut

I recently lost my job during my second big streak (which went on to become the biggest I ever had) just because the flatline was too miserable but I didn't want to lose to bingeing (which is worse than the flatline). <full post here> In the end, I lost to bingeing as well. But this post of yours is too motivational to ignore. I often convince myself to do what's good for me just by thinking about having a family (a significant other, kids, and a cat), living by a beach, and teaching my kids to swim and play piano (I have one but I don't know how to play it).

4. MitchA

MitchA Fapstronaut

Do or do not, there is no try my friend. You can do it, because if I can do it anyone can. Don't just quit. Quit, and start making changes. Quit and start doing things that make life worth it. Try playing that piano too...music is amazing.

If math describes how the universe works, than music is what describes everything math cannot. At least that's how I think about it. Find something to be passionate about!

thikk and Samuru1 like this.
  5. MsteiN

MsteiN Fapstronaut

Amazing! You deserved all it by taking back your life

6. Wally542

Wally542 Fapstronaut

It's amazing to read this. Gives me some motivation.
    Currently struggling with the first 3 days of NoFap for about 2 weeks now, this might help a bit :D

7. Eventhough its a short post, it give me so much hope to go 100 days.. Thank you. I too need new car....and new house i m also fighting.

8. Daruma

Daruma Fapstronaut

Thanks for sharing. I think these stories of relapsing after such long streaks are really important to hear as a warning to others to never let your guard down and never feel like you've completely conquered it. I can feel myself getting overly confident and complacent after just a couple weeks, and that must be comical to others that know at any time a relapse may be waiting around the corner, regardless of how long it's been since the last one. It would be a dream to have the kind of success you did...stay strong getting back on track and repeating it!