1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I want to get a vasectomy but...

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by j_s, Sep 18, 2015.

1. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

Hello everybody,
    Well I want to get a vasectomy, it's definitive I don't want kids, but I'm afraid of something, honestly I feel ashamed of ask about this, I feel ashamed, if I get a boner, while in revision or surgery, that's what have stopped me.
    I don't know if someone can get me advice, tell me something about this.

Thanks a million in advance

2. melancholy king

melancholy king Fapstronaut

Don't just automatically assume you will never want kids or anything, your perspective may very well change later on, do something that is more temporary/easier to reverse, don't know of any myself but I'm sure there are other options than getting your stick snipped.

3. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@Mariner how about the appointment before surgery? how is that?

4. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@melancholy king I think to have kids when I was younger for a lot of time, since about 2 years ago, I started to think no to have, I have meditated this a lot of time, and it's a decision made. There's plenty of other methods out there, you know, but honestly, this is funny, some years ago, "vasectomy!! never, I want to have kids, and even after have them, no vasectomy".

@Mariner thanks, yes I really appreciated, and thanks for share your experience, and yes it's a pretty common question, in fact for what I understand on this appointment, they make emphasis on that part
    And you know, this is something I feel I have to do.

5. himmelstoss

himmelstoss Fapstronaut

You probably won't get a boner considering what's going on. Your nutsack might turn blue for a while though.

6. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Before you assume vasectomy is the right choice, make sure you have at least heard of procedures like RISUG and things like vasalgel. I had mine a long time ago and I knew they wouldn't have the reversible option available quickly enough for my needs. I think you are worrying about the wrong things. The embarrassment factor is ephemeral. You want to be looking at what type of vasectomy to have. I had vasectomy with scalpel with fascial interposition and it was successful the first time. You want to plan to make sure you do little to no movement and do whatever you can to avoid excess swelling (I may have made an error or two there and had a bit too much swelling) after the procedure. Make sure you do proper testing at the right intervals to make sure it doesn't reverse naturally (I did 6 weeks, three months, and again at around one year to ensure no motility).

7. Those doctors and nurses have seen so many dicks and asses. You could crap your pants half way through the procedure and they would forget about it by the next week.

ByeForever!!, Deleted Account and Low like this.
  8. J-Kiwin

J-Kiwin Fapstronaut

Okay, here's my two cents and I hope you'll get a kick out of this - let my screw ups be a warning! I had it done last year and at the height of some PMO battles (read: binges). First, there is no way in hell you'll get aroused during the op - I promise. It's after the op that's the problem.

You're supposed to wait a period before you have sex or M. But I couldn't wait. I M'd (A DAY OR TWO AFTER THE OP) and it hurt like hell and I'm pretty sure I fucked something up when I did it. Ended up going back to the Dr. because of excruciating pain and swelling. I thought I had really fucked it up. I had to pay for the op myself (no insurance) and was petrified I was going to have to go under the knife to repair something. The pain subsided but I'm sure I delayed my recovery because I couldn't stop PMO'ing. Idiot.

Anyway, after an extended period you're supposed to get your stuff tested. Challenge is, you're supposed to abstain for a period before getting off into the jar. Yeah, pretty much impossible for someone who (compulsively) M's every day. So shit, I can't keep my hands off myself long enough to get this test done. I'm not quoting the time period because I can't recall - I think it was 5 or 7 days?

After a couple of months (of the wife nagging me to get it tested) I was able to abstain for the required time period. Got to the Dr. in time and the stuff checked out negative. It's all good.

In summary: you won't get aroused during the op. Follow your Dr. orders on the recovery (abstinence). Good luck.

Low and melancholy king like this.
  9. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@himmelstoss thanks I think I won't either.

@CountryDude Thanks a million for that, my revision was normal, I was nervous, but I knew what I was there, so no boner. ;)

@nfprogress thanks a million, for that perspective, I haven't though on those things, thanks about this.
    What do you mean?, are you talking about the spermogram?, the 8 days revision after the surgery?

@Balbur lol XD, thanks for that one ;)

@J-Kiwin hey sorry heard that, must be tough, the pain, well it's ok for me, yes they told me after op, must wait, so I think it's ok, I do hope everything is ok for you now :D

10. Dr.NoFap

Dr.NoFap Fapstronaut

During and after a vasectomy, you will turn asexual for two weeks.

11. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@Mariner Thanks for share your experience, what about the recovery, when you at home, pain? that things?

12. riley5556

riley5556 Guest

don't get it, you never know when you could change ure mind.

BlooeyGlooey likes this.
  13. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

Hahaha, just got an idea for a boner killer, getting a vasectomy.

I'm a little business oriënted, If you have that much sex that it would save up in dollars so to speak. You could get it.

My hardmode nofap spirit says, why? limit your orgasms and use a condom when you need to.

Getting a vasectomy is not the same as getting a tattoo. In 5 years you can be a complete different person.

Hope everything goes according to plan!

14. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

Insurance companies love vasectomies and are often willing to pay the entire cost, no questions asked.

15. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

Why?
    Does it reduce chances of getting a STD?
    Unwanted pregnancies is also a good reason right?. Can you think of other reasons why they love paying for them?

16. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@Mariner do you remember how many days was the soreness?, and did you get the spermogram? if yes, how to deal with it and NoFap theme?, start again the counter from 0? :|

17. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

It reduces pregnancies of all types, wanted and unwanted. Babies cost insurance insurance companies a substantial amount of money. It is mostly profit and math on their end.

buzzlightyear likes this.
  18. nfprogress

nfprogress Fapstronaut

If memory serves, I checked for motility at 6 weeks, 3 months, then finally at one year. I chose this path based on analyzing known data for the exact vasectomy technique that they used on me. Statistically, I found it very important to make the one year check. My doctor seemed to not care after the three month exam, but what does he know, lol? For a test that is clearly required/hugely important, I would probably just get the sample without causing a reset. I would just note it and move on.

19. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@Mariner Thanks a million, ;)

@nfprogress thanks a million for that one, but the doctor said, after 3 months and X quantity of ejaculations, how to deal with it?. and yes they told me do it 1 every year.

20. j_s

j_s Fapstronaut

@Mariner after how many days the doctor tell you, you can restart you normal life (sexual, sports, etc)?