1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

44 days

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by marcelbwin, Apr 11, 2022.

1. marcelbwin

marcelbwin New Fapstronaut

Hello,
    I apologize in advance for my English which is not at the best level

I've been struggling with this addiction for about 15 years and I always fall. Today is the 44th day since I decided to fight with the addiction once again. What I feel at the moment is hard to describe. I have suicidal thoughts every day, no interests, no desire and no energy to live. I look and feel like a zombie. I have a feeling as if my brain is boiling inside me, I have never had such a feeling before, I can't sleep at night and I get panic attacks sometimes. Internally, I feel incredible stress every day and I cannot control it. I get stressed even sitting and doing nothing! In addition, my hair turns gray from this stress, which makes me even more depressed. After these 44 days I feel very exhausted. I even have trouble getting up to work in the morning and the sunny weather is even more depressing for me than rainy weather. Still, I'm not going to give up and sooner to die than go back to that shit again!

Rocky Mountain likes this.
  2. thikk

thikk Fapstronaut

I do not think nofap would be causing all those, but you will have great mood changes and some of those also seems like signs of flatline. My main issue through my 2 streaks (first 90 days then currently 48) has been the low moods too. I feel in really low moods and sometimes feel like doing nothing. Personally I just filled these times with gym. And it got better after day 90. But also make sure you fix life too, be social, date if you can, fix your goals, career etc.

The point is when we stop the addiction, we also stopped pumping high levels of dopamine into our body. Dopamine levels have been so high through all our addiction years, so the body will take some time to respond to this causing some of those symptoms.

Diderik and marcelbwin like this.
  3. Rocky Mountain

Rocky Mountain Fapstronaut

It's ok if you feeling down sometimes. But, Don't give up.

If you like to listen music. Here is some music that I recommend to cheers you up:
    1. Avicii - Hold the Line ft. Arizona (the acoustic version is good)
    2. Kodaline - Sometimes
    3. James Bay - If You Ever Want to be In Love

thikk and marcelbwin like this.
  4. Rocky Mountain

Rocky Mountain Fapstronaut

I wish I could hug you. Beside you in this hard time.
    You can talk to me if you need it. by inbox. I'm free.

5. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

Hello,
    these are definitely withdrawal symptoms. I have been there. Things will get easier. Trust the process. The pleasure you received from masturbation equals the pleasure one receives from the cocaine. Therefore masturbation is highly addictive behaviour. The more you indulged in the past, the more difficult it will be for you know. Especially those who spent frequently many hours edging and thus unnaturaly prolonging their pleasure and bathing themselves in feel good chemicals for hours will have the nofap experience more difficult and the withdrawal symptoms more severe. Stay strong. You are young and we need you to get better. You owe it to yourself and your future wife. Everything will change for you really soon.

6. Niallram20

Niallram20 Fapstronaut

Obviously more than nofap here mate. It's easy on this site to put a whole load of our emotions and health on PMO but most of the time it is barely a factor.. SLEEP, nutrition, time online, time in nature, etc. are much more worth a look at! but well done on 44, use the discipline to better the other parts of your life and you will see better days

Rocky Mountain, Diderik and thikk like this.