1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Going to the park alone

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Apr 17, 2022.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I now go to the park to chill during the hot summer day. Does anyone would think you are lonely by yourself… I do kind a enjoy it as it’s quite refreshing

Fantareality likes this.
  2. I enjoy going to the park alone as well. I feel a little awkward sometimes though, because people might find it weird. But who cares.

I like to go to my local park where they have an outdoor hockey rink, and I skate there for a while. There's never anyone using it, so it's the perfect spot for skating.

Then sometimes I go down to the playground to sit on the swings, if there aren't a lot of kids using them. I have some female privilege there. Lol I would imagine a solo man going to swing at the playground would be a bit more heavily scrutinized. But I face away from the playground when I swing, so people don't feel like I'm there to watch their kids or something. I also usually have headphones in and just keep to myself.

A few months ago, I was swinging and closing my eyes, leaning back and letting the sun flicker through the trees, listening to Panic! At the Disco, and it was honestly one of the most magical feelings I've ever experienced. That moment just felt so surreal and peaceful.

I haven't been skating or swinging in a while. I should do that this weekend. Thanks for the reminder :)

Fantareality, ndaty and sam30 like this.
  3. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I do this. Does anyone look at me and think how sad he's on his own? Maybe. Does that bother me? Well, a little bit lol but what can you do.

Fantareality and Freeddom_Taker like this.
  4. A couple of other things to do at the park: Get your vitamin D, and journal/walk. I haven't done it nearly enough but just having enough space to walk around and alternating with a little bit of writing seems to work really well.

5. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

I don't think anyone is paying attention to you tbh.

I walk in the parks alone all the time and I could care less what the other people about think of me.

6. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

I think there is nothing wrong, I do it too. If anything someone might even come for a chat since one is alone.

Fantareality and Kingfisher like this.
  7. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I've heard it said that you are never less alone than when you are alone. Lots of depth there. Enjoy.

8. Compass

Compass Fapstronaut

I enjoy fishing by myself, especially at night. There's just something about connecting with nature when it's quiet and peaceful.

After some trust issues in my marriage............I haven't done this in years but it's time to start again.

I may be doing some solo camping trips this summer or fall as well.

sam30 likes this.
  9. I once go to a park, which is near to a lake. As i am starting at the entrance, i noticed it was filled with lovers and nobody is alone. So i don't want to go there alone, i feel kind of sad though then i came back.

10. Compass

Compass Fapstronaut

Go to a different park

Dr. Life rebuilder likes this.
  11. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Plenty of people go to the park alone. I doubt anybody notices or cares, unless you are being weird or bothering people. Or really hot and are sunbathing

Its a horrible feeling to be self conscious of doing things by yourself. Ive missed a few things i am interested in - concerts plays etc - cos i didnt manage to persuade anyone to come along with me.
    Everything is more fun with the right company, but doing things alone is a lot better than doing nothing. So enjoy yourself.

sam30 likes this.