1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Life has gotten Worse

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Francis X., Apr 20, 2022.

1. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

It feels like my life has actually gotten a bit worse over the past year. I used to be interested in many things, like languages, lucid dreams, math, etc. But, now, I don't seem to be interested as many in things. I can't find the motivation to start learning new stuff again. I don't know what left me. I need more motivation and dedication. Can anyone help?

2. Follower of God❤️

Follower of God❤️ Fapstronaut

I just visited your profile, buddy.

If that streak of 280 is true, it is because of brain rewiring and this is a process of recovery, this is a good sign.

However, if something else is there apart from PMO, I don't know buddy.

We are both of the same age as well, that is 16,
    Feel free to message me if you wanna share your feelings or anything.
    Thanks!

3. MementoMori22

MementoMori22 Fapstronaut

Try breaking your routine. New experiences can be a muse. It may sound circular for me to say "in order to try new things, try new things!" but faking it 'til you make it may be in order here.

Relying on an internal driver coming from your mind like motivation/inspiration isn't the only tool you have. The mind and body are linked and are bi-directional in their communication. The mind can affect the body's actions with inspiration and motivation, yes, but the body can also affect the mind: by simply starting to do something you can create motivation to keep doing it. Don't wait to "feel" like doing it, just start doing it. Tell yourself you'll just do it for 5 minutes and then you'll stop, unless you want to keep going. It is common that when people do this, they tend to go for longer than 5 minutes.

4. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Thanks for the replies.
    The average day is just breakfast, school, track, dinner, shower, nothing, bed. It doesn't feel that unique.

jw2021 likes this.
  5. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

You need to do something you like and enjoy. I am in a similar rut because I have been working extra hard catching up all that has been left undone from the worst years of my PMO habit. I plan to start bodybuilding again. Find something good that you enjoy and spend some time on you.

6. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Well, I don't feel like I enjoy anything anymore.

OhWhenThe likes this.
  7. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I guess the thing here is that I can't seem to follow through on anything. Sometimes I can't even bring myself to do it. I have such a weak will that I cannot even begin to do something.

jw2021 likes this.
  8. 7matrix

7matrix Fapstronaut

Pick up any little thing, just start chipping at it, getting good at it 1% a day, and that will take you on the strengthening and learning journey

Francis X. and jw2021 like this.