1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is 37 Too Late To Reinvent Yourself?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Nigel1984198419841984, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Nigel1984198419841984

Nigel1984198419841984 New Fapstronaut

I'm 37 years old and hit a bit of a plateau with my friendship group, job and body and I'm very much single. I've taken stock of my life and realise I need to change. I have started to change, trying harder at my job and going to study at nightschool, joined a gym and I'm finding different people to socialize with.

I was wondering if anyone has tried to reinvent themselves in their 30s, or any succeeds stories of a person improving themselves and making changes?

2. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

3. TheyCallMeAdam

TheyCallMeAdam Fapstronaut

Short answer: No, it's not.

Long answer: I've been a late bloomer throughout my life. Surrendered my V-Card at 20. Took about five and a half years to graduate college.

And I didn't start freelancing or building a business until 30-ish.

It's never too late to get your shit together. The only time it will ever be too late is when you die.

Good luck. I look forward to what kind of progress you'll make.

4. Definitely not! If you live to be 80 years old, you still have more than halfnuour life ahead of you. That's a ton of time.

5. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

Depends on the health of your body and mind. If your body and mind are still fit, and functional, then you still have hope

6. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Reinvention is the secret to recovery!

7. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

I hope not. I'm around that age and I'm trying to reinvent myself.

8. If the word invention is really used correctly in this context then it doesn't have to do with how much time, it has to do with how creative you are.

You can recondition yourself with habits, but that's not really the same concept as reinventing something. (it even sounds like refurbished) Of course it's no small feat in the first place. It would mean you're a different person, not just how you present to the world or yourself but actually different.

9. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

I'm 28 and I still don't have my shit together...

10. mrpractical

mrpractical Fapstronaut

What you mean

11. fuggy

fuggy Fapstronaut

Being on your last breaths in a deathbed if you are lucky enough to pass on in one that is too late

12. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

No. Make small changes each day.

13. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

It will be a lot harder than it would have been ten years ago.
    But it will be a lot easier now than it will be in ten years' time! So start building your new life today!

14. shamrock19

shamrock19 Fapstronaut

15. Semtex

Semtex Fapstronaut

16. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

It's normal to think that by 30 we should have it all together but for many this really isn't the case. You might be surprised that some people could tell you that their lives didn't really start until somewhere in the middle ages or upwards. So I would say no it's not too late and sounds like you are already putting in the effort.

Feeble_Minded_Fenton likes this.