1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I have 10k in my bank account. What should I invest to make my life better?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, May 3, 2022.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

Besides paying bills I never really spend my money on anything unless it's for something that I really need.

GeorgeSherper likes this.
  2. If you don't have a portfolio maybe start building one

3. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

You should give it to me. Trust me :D

4. m9damn

m9damn Fapstronaut

Always focus on the basic and important stuff.
    Focus on your house, car and your appearance.

5. Buy Bitcoin its around 37000 now its settling point is around 40000 high 39500 use around 1000k of the 10 if it passes 42,000 buy some more because that means its headed for a bull run if it goes under 36800 buy some more on the way down btc eventually will be 70 k next spring . Build up as much you can then loan out some never selling it but making around 11 percent intrest usdt/luna or another stable coin . Then when your millionaire say good bye to traditional government controlled money and join the defi revolution.

6. CodeTalker

CodeTalker Fapstronaut

I would say keep your money and don't play with it unless you accept loosing it. Speculation is gambling and nobody can make me think otherwise, especially on bitcoin.

BootstrapBill likes this.
  7. Dr.J_76ers

Dr.J_76ers Fapstronaut

I'm not an expert but keep at least $3000-4000 in there as an emergency fund.

8. BootstrapBill

BootstrapBill Fapstronaut

From someone who has blown 150k by the age of 26 . Keep every penny you have let it accumulate until your in a position to make substantial investments like property. Even 50k semi-detached that were built in the 1950s can be improved on to raise the value or rented.cant go wrong with Someone else paying your mortgage

Also it's good to have fuck it money and emergency money lying around and just never using it . Unless your a stock broker or have any idea how the market works and how to read it day by day then you realistically long-term investment is probably going to more profitable .

I don't know about where your from but in the UK there is national savings investment and you can put your money into bonds . Basically each month you have the chance to win money . My uncle has accumulated a couple of grand over the past few years which is better than any bank interest rate .

I don't know anything about short-term stock and how the market fluctuates it's all insider knowledge. My grandfather made quite a bit in stocks he was an accountant. But that was when the economy was booming . He still made money though even when it wasn't but it was more long-term shares . I don't know if o would go near it with a 10ft bargepole especially with how turbulent the market currently is but that's probably were theres money to be Made

Last edited: May 5, 2022
    Dr.J_76ers likes this.
  9. no way your nuts 401 k are adopting btc actually it looks like its headed lower so I am going to purchase some more to lower my dollar cost average.
    Everything is gamble but I have to disagree with you on btc black rock and 401 ks are adopting btc in their portfolios. 90 percent of people never buy when its low like now and the other 10% do the opposite. It's always more difficult to get people buy when nobody is buying perfect example everyone around the world is buying inflated realesate but in 2010 very little people were buying when it was rock-bottom but the hedge funds were and now they have tripled there investment plus making money on the rent . Look up progress rentals it's a hedge fund. Also good advise would be to follow the money you can subscribe to unusual whales and follow their purchases . It will be rockie in this bull market but just dollar cost average into it and you can't go wrong. Also your money in the bank is losing value 7 percent per year maybe more. Yes always save some money for rainy day . But just remember you will never catch any fish with your line out of the water. Oh and every choice you make is speculation even leaving your money in the bank .

10. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

So you have $10K, that's enough to start, but just barely(no offence). Here is my advice. First go onto amazon and buy at least three books on investing and read them, then continue to read books on investing. Then get a paper trading account to practice trading, there is no cost or risk, I like the one on investopedia, and I still paper trade even though I also trade with real money. Then open a real trading account. You will lose money and you will make money but learn from your mistakes and over time you will make alot more than you lose if you are smart. I do also recommend putting a reasonable percentage of your money in precious metals and crypto. I would say 15% in gold/silver, 15% in crypto and the rest in equities.

Because you are just starting, you will need to continue to add money to your account, so try to set up an automatic payment every payday. Once you get to $100K or more then you will be able to start taking larger positions and making larger profits.

Good luck!

Poseidongodofthesea likes this.