1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lacking a Friend Group

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, May 6, 2022.

1. This insecurity always haunts me. I am a 21 year old age college male. I am generally thought of as cool and easygoing, and am very good looking so girls look at me highly. But I still feel like I live a lie.

I don't have a solid friend group so I never really get close to people. I go out and don't have that group of a few guys to always hang around. I feel like a loner. And my whole life is just trying to conceal that secret. Also, when I hook up with girls, there is no depth. I have no life to bring them into, so I keep them at an arm's distance and continue to objectify them.

And now that I am going into my senior year, I feel behind. I have struggled with this my whole life and wish I could just fit into a group. How do I really get into a group instead of always being the fringe guy. I want a solid life to connect friends, bring girls into, and connect with.

The loneliness I feel triggers relapses sometimes so I want to figure this out.

2. It's good that you're looking at the deeper level things, though on the other hand nobody seems to have an easy solution. Even when people meet in person a lot of it suffers from what you're describing. That doesn't mean it's not worth trying, but it does seem hard for most people across the board.

becominganewman1153 likes this.
  3. Yeah understanding it doesn't fix the problem though. I guess just gotta be more open, authentic, and put more effort in.

4. GryzzlyMischka

GryzzlyMischka Fapstronaut

I understand this kind of problem, mate. I was through it too. But I can give you advice. Follow or not is your call. If you don't have a hobby, try to find one. If you do, try to find a group of people who is as much sick with this hobby as you. It is a good way to find somebody as a friend, and you will know, that you're not alone, who has the same interest.

5. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

He's deleted his account so he might not see this. But I recommend the book Emotional Agility by Susan David to anyone who deals with this issue. She deals with these very issues. I think being comfortable in your own skin is one of the answers to this problem and before you get comfortable you need to figure out what makes you feel uncomfortable.

JoeinUSA likes this.
  6. GryzzlyMischka

GryzzlyMischka Fapstronaut

I have noticed it later, that his account was deleted. But thanks for the recommendation.