1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

92 days Fellowship!

Good day so far, i feel a bit sleepy, cause my morning meditation didn´t go so good, but i´m picking it up now as i become more active and aware. I have a very busy afternoon ahead, so i rather check in now ;)

Have a good Saturday my brothers, with lot´s of sun and meaningful events :). Time is the true asset!

Awareness moment

"The court finds that both of these killings were indeed heinous, atrocious and cruel. And that they were extremely wicked, shockingly evil, vile and the product of a design to inflict a high degree of pain and utter indifference to human life. This court, independent of, but in agreement with the advisory sentence rendered by the jury does hereby impose the death penalty upon the defendant Theodore Robert Bundy.

It is further ordered that on such scheduled date that you'll be put to death by a current of electricity, sufficient to cause your immediate death, and such current of electricity shall continue to pass through your body until you are dead.

Take care of yourself, young man. I say that to you sincerely; take care of yourself. It is an utter tragedy for this court to see such a total waste of humanity, I think, as I've experienced in this courtroom.

You're a bright young man. You'd have made a good lawyer and I would have loved to have you practise in front of me, but you went another way, partner. I don't feel any animosity toward you. I want you to know that. Take care of yourself."

img_8816.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  2. you_can_UK

you_can_UK Fapstronaut

3. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 275, getting close to the big 3!

4. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Day 0 -again- yes I relapsed and still this time its a progress for me. I'll explain why:
    I can extend above chart now and was able to find out that there is another severe reason for me to fap - Seems not to be a big discovery (but for me it is!!): STRESS.

But lets go into detail. I'll write it all as openly as possible.

Yesterday I wrote: "I am right before relapse. Above chart helped me in the right moment."
    Then Everything was fine I met a few friends and had a great time ...till my anxiety kicked in rly heavy and from a question of my friend I suddenly realized how stressed I still am (after a couple of relaxations this day)...
    this led to an devils circle (paradoxical: I was stressed even more because I realized how stressed I actually are oO) and I got a subtle but secular panic attack.
    When I was home again I still was so stressed that I run-down old patterns and relapsed... due to that I was up way too late (PM-edging till 3 am) then no O so I relapsed again today.

NOW to the more interesting part:
    I relapsed because of heavy stress and anxiety. My relaxation wasnt enough this day. PMO is a short time STRONG stress reliever. BUT why did I have that much stress this day?
    The answer is simple: I worry too much about everything, even my hobbies seem to be work for me lately. I wanna be perfect. I wanna do this challenges perfect, I wanna behave like this or that, I have so much abilities - so I need to do justice for myself lol - I need to work enough to have enough money - I need to write enough to be a good writer - I need to force myself to be with friends to be a social man and a good friend... AND SO ON!
    and THAT leads to relapse most of the time for me its HOW I TREAT MYSELF.

While I realized this yesterday it stressed me even more... But Im thankful for this insight anyways.

I DONT HAVE FUN - I do all this challenges because I wanna improve- I am not where I wanna be in life and therefor I wanna do all I do as good as possible... but I FORGET TO LIVE... to have fun again.
    That - in fact - does not mean PMO is a good thing. It means if I stress myself to reach 90-500 days I'll never be able to reach that anyways. I need to feel the JOY through that journey.

Adjust above chart:
    Before RECOGNISE and after "condemn-yourself-REGRET (which is kinda dumb cuz if you adjudge yourself that alone wont help you to improve) theres another POINT: STRESS LEVEL (from PMO-Challenge itself and life) and this is all about HOW you TREAT YOURSELF. If you rush this challenge and treat yourself like a poor dog, while you stress yourself more and more in life ... it will may lead to a point where you dont need above JUSTIFICATION anymore - you'll relapse straight through. Especially if fapping used to be a stress reliefer for you.

So for me most important will be NOW:
    How can I be more happy while my "NoFap-Journey"

and through my habits..
    HOW can I reduce my stress-level and increase awareness?
    And then ofc do it! I wont quit on challengin' myself at all.
    I just need to focus way moooore on my energy behind the things Im doing!! End.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 7, 2022
  5. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 50th day. I have now grown my epic beard

6. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

I'm very much the same way. So much focus on things being perfect. Thankfully I have better awareness of this now. On thing I'm attempting to follow now is to strive for perfection while understanding I'll never get there.

To draw a bit from The Bible. My understanding is our image of perfection is essentially idolatry. Our own self made idols pale in comparison to what really is.

I do this challenge to improve.

Also, my first post in this thread:

"This sounds like fun.

I'M IN!

Even though it's not, I'll call today Day 0."

7. pichus321

pichus321 Fapstronaut

Day 19. Yesterday i did a lot of university work, i started at 8 and ended at 18, was a group work thing. I have a problem with my thoughts, they hurt me a lot sometimes and get me sad and anxious. But i told my friend of this group what i was feeling and i felt better after that. Still, one day more on nofap!

8. pichus321

pichus321 Fapstronaut

I have the same problem, the seek of have everything now. Being perfect. I remember a quote that i heard a lot since i started going to the gym "believe in the process", dont hurry the things up. And this is with the gym, but is the same with nofap, being more socially cool, etc. I hope I have helped you at least a little with this.

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

I think time is the true asset only if you desire something, have a plan for its achievement and you use every single day to bring living your dream out closer. Whilst for somebody in a rut it is of relative value. I knew some people who are in a rut of boring tasks/jobs who keep speaking about 'killing time' and getting to something at least more exciting, especially if it concerns women, social drinking,movies etc.

10. Day 19. Keep going everyone! A lot of inspirational posts here, great seeing everyone progressing :)

11. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

12. yogiguru

yogiguru Fapstronaut

End of day 3 without PMO and 25 days without MO. Feeling great...

13. day 27

friend's wedding is in 2 hours so I have to freshen up soon. hope you're all having a good weekend. temptations are there, I almost felt like acting on them last night but barely resisted.

we're still here though. thank God.

14. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 4 as an ORC

15. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

It does help to know Im not alone - and "believe in the progress" seems also be a strong useable mantra! Thx a lot man!

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

17. lord_nelson

lord_nelson Fapstronaut

Day 4 :)
    My own mind is trying to wool over my eyes, but I know her tricks and now it's up to me what I'm going to do with it
    Goodnight fellowship :emoji_blush:

18. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

19. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 7! The tiredness from yesterday tried to get me today, as expected... I let it exist and acknowledged its presence as I continued my day.

20. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 127

Nothing much to share today, still feeling slightly adrift in life but urges aren’t assaulting me too strongly at the moment.

The gym has become somewhat addictive, but I’m making sure I factor in appropriate rest and proper nutrition.