1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't stand malls and gyms...

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Warrior4Freedom, May 5, 2022.

1. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

...and am considering just not going to those places anymore.

I've been on s. retention for a while, and while the objects of temptation at those places (i.e. girls in provocative clothing) don't affect me as such, I'm nevertheless in possession of a heightened sensitivity of the harm those visual stimuli can do (and have done) and the careless, carefree way those girls wear those things, knowing fully well they're attracting the attention of guys. Malls generally are places of baseness, and gyms have become places to flaunt.

I honestly don't like being at those places. It's just conditioning that takes me there. I can well do without browsing a mall, and I can exercise outside.

Hammond Egger and desmond318 like this.
  2. desmond3

desmond3 Fapstronaut

I agree. In today's society, many places become sexualized, and many industries make use of our addictions to make profit (not only PMO addictions). It definitely helps avoiding those places unless necessary.

Hammond Egger likes this.
  3. Well I am on day 1272 and still I wouldnt go to those places , even here in Pakistan if I am in a developed city and in a mall , the tight clothes make me lose my mind , its okey , its just natural , thats why almost all religions preach modest dressing.

desmond318 likes this.
  4. I think avoiding normal places like this is distrusting your mind. It is perfectly natural to be find women at the gym or mall attractive. In fact, sexual thoughts should energize and motivate you on sr.

If you get to the point of avoiding regular places, this is not a lifestyle. It's an obsession. Just my opinion but take that into consideration.

5. Hammond Egger

Hammond Egger Fapstronaut

I agree with gyms being a horrible place to go.

I used to go everyday but I only go like 2 days a week now because they're loaded with girls in short, tight, spandex shorts and bras. I feel like those spandex shorts are getting very popular now, and for a good reason. They reveal EVERYTHING.

The problem is not only what they wear but the poses they get into as well. Many of them wear spandex shorts and get on their hands and knees and do bent over exercises right in front of you. You can literally see every detail of their butt. It's insane.

I don't understand how a woman can dress like that when she knows every single guy in there is staring at every detail of her body.

desmond318 likes this.
  6. Imperator Tartarus

Imperator Tartarus Fapstronaut

Avoiding populated places indefinitely is impractical. It is, of course, natural to be attracted to a shapely body, however you make the conscious decision to look and stare. Look into sexual transmution in terms of channeling your sexual energy into something else (weightlifting, if that's for you) and you will perhaps reach a point of non-reaction in terms of arousal from the lack of clothing prevalent in modern society.

My comment does not absolve the decreasing decorum of female clothing, however don't allow the sexual nature of society to dominate you and force you to the fringes. Do what you want, if you want to go to a gym, then go. If you don't, pertaining another reason apart from women in tights, then don't.

You also oppose malls, and nine times out of ten you don't need to go to those places, anyway. Smaller, family owned shops should suffice.

7. TheLightOne

TheLightOne Fapstronaut

Just Dont stare?

7matrix likes this.