1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I afraid to touch girls and flirt with them sexually?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Kjs2015, May 13, 2022.

1. Kjs2015

Kjs2015 Fapstronaut

Sorry that this has been asked more than once but I couldn’t find the answers I was looking for. Since I’ve been over 100 days of nofap, I’ve already seen improvements like my flirting is a lot better, I’m more charismatic, and I’m able to connect with girls more and talk to them like normal people. But whenever I try to flirt sexually or touch a girl playfully, it makes me uncomfortable… Any reason why that is?

2. jcl1990

jcl1990 Fapstronaut

It’s a false, subconscious thought pattern you have developed from somewhere in your past.

But don’t touch a girl if she doesn’t want to be touched

3. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

You're afraid of rejection and maybe ashamed of your feelings. Maybe you built up a fear of being "me too'd" or something like that. No disrespect to the me too movement but you as a man are allowed to be flirty with women. Make them feel comfortable first and read the room of course but theres no shame or harm in touching a shoulder to start.

4. MementoMori22

MementoMori22 Fapstronaut

Explore those feelings of discomfort. Try to unpack the thoughts behind them. What does your mind say when you feel them? Write down what you tell yourself when you feel it, then assess those thought patterns. Try to work backwards to the source of those thoughts in your life, where did you internalise those things? If you can identify the source of the feelings that is a first step in transforming them into a more positive force. They must be transformed, they cannot be suppressed or "pushed through".