1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

@Gallade_Templar about the calendar to track days, I find it a useful method to measure progress. They say that what is measured increases. I use a spreadsheet calendar and mark each day without pmo as green. The fail days get marked red. At the bottom of each month there is spot for total wins, total fails, and a percentage success for the month.
    It is great to see a streak of green for a week, watch it grow into a month. A couple months or more and I feel fantastic and much less likely to relapse. You can see your progress over the year, and gain insight into your patterns. I think I got the idea from a brother in nofap reddit who modified a calendar from calendarpedia.com. It is a free spreadsheet.

2. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 145

Celebrating the end of the academic year at college; really great to have a big dinner, some bubbles, and a few games of croquet!

Went to the gym with my friend and he asked me if I had my eye on any girls, I replied that I didn’t, but it seems people are mentioning my singleness more and more and encouraging me out of it. I don’t mind too much, at least they care, but it does make my urges more noticeable as well!

SSS Vision, Kairose, MS PBH and 5 others like this.
  3. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

4. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 458 no PMO. Still going through some stress but I’ll manage.

SSS Vision, Kairose, MS PBH and 6 others like this.
  5. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

Day 2 on hard mode.
    Urges came but were defeated by a cold shower and a session of workout.

6. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

7. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

Afternoon of the first day.

I got up and had a great breakfast and immediately went to the open space to get out of the house. I don’t love this at all, but I don’t feel safe in my own home alone so for the next week I simply plan on staying outside as much as I can.

And for today and the next week. I’ve come up with a plan with the help of @Slider8. Everyday for the next week I’ll try to devote that day to a specific goal or theme. Trying to do everything at once always makes me feel overwhelmed until I break. So the next 7 days are going to be split up into different goals.

Today my goal was to be clear minded. The day after PMO is always a day of brain fog and general weakness and so today I was just trying to focus on my little place in the world. I’ve meditated for the first time in months, wrote in my journal and in general just tried to stay connected to the way I feel and think.

Tomorrow would be the day for discipline. I want to show myself that I can do stuff even when they are hard without flinching. So my goal for the day would be to exercise, have a cold shower, meditate and try to avoid sugar completely.

After that the days would be: creativity, socializing, a quiet day, self care day and finally on June first, I would have my first day at my new job and that night I would try and focus on looking back and seeing the progress I’ve made.

@Gallade_Templar thanks brother, and about the calendar. I’ve been doing it for a year and a half now and it is one of the best things I’ve ever done for my nofap experience. The calendar is kind of the opposite of the time counter that we all have. For a time I would relapse every three or four days. So my counter always showed me that I’m an orc and nothing more than that. And it kind of made me depressed, in a similar manner, when you’re a Nazgul there is a common lie that we tell ourselves, that if I’m already on day zero, I’m not losing that much by PMOing “just one more time”. The calendar puts stuff in perspective. It showed me that even as an orc my life got a million times better, that I’ve only PMO 10 days out of 30 and that is a huge improvement.

8. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

that´s strange. try to contact the moderators, maybe they can help.

9. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship!!

Bad sleep last night, and today i´m really tired. But PMO urges have risen, so i feel a little hesitant today. never engage in any risky behaviour though. sleep is really important and honestly i´m not giving it the right value, so i will do my best effort to sleep well tonight :)

have a great day my friends. Let´s keep going.

11. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 0 again
    Sorry I didn't write for a few days, I was in a trip aI didn't have the space to be alone to write here. Relapsed yestarday at night, after I came of the trip. I know that I'm going to relapse, I was jus horney. I have to remember why I'm doing this. Keep strong my brothers!

12. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

Day 1 as an ORC, complete.

13. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

End of Day 3...

Today I was right before relapsing quite a view times. But PMO wont get me now. NO. Not now.

Battles won vs PMO: 5

thx again @Paul S. for mentioning this method of focusing on the smallest steps ... It helps^^

Greets out!

14. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

0 days >> Nazgûl (You were once a man, a King, now fallen to the power of PMO)

[​IMG]

This post is starting to get redundant, but bear with me. I swear no man can kill me. :emoji_joy:

15. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 146

A busy day of lectures and meetings; feels odd to have come to the end of my first year of training, but excited to see what happens in the time to come.

No urges today, spent good time amongst friends.

16. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

17. pichus321

pichus321 Fapstronaut

18. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Ok I will contact moderator

19. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Bad sleep last night due to binge watching movies and was not able to understand anything taught in the lecture but I will study hard

20. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

Dawn of the 70th day.

I am now a Warrior.