1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Celebrating 3 years of freedom

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Tao Jones, May 28, 2022.

1. Just wanted to mark the occasion. May 26 marked three years for me of freedom from P, MO, and all sexually lustful ideation.

Very little has changed in my recovery practice over the last two years:
    • Daily confession that I am powerless against my tendency to choose the wrong thing, esp. in the area of sexual imagery
    • Daily, moment-by-moment dependence on Jesus Christ, my higher power
    • Daily check-ins with my AP network
    • Ongoing commitment to my "No PMO" commitments
    I still do not trust myself in this area. I might not ever. That is okay. I am free and at peace. That is a prize I am unwilling to let go, and I will fight fiercely to retain it. I remain committed to do whatever it takes to keep PMO abolished from my life, not allowing any of those deadly ideas to begin to take root in my mind or heart.

I got free. It was the hardest fight of my life. Now, I'm staying free. You can get free and stay free, too.

I got desperate to change. I became willing to do whatever it took. I made some big sacrifices. I did the work (and continue doing it to this day). All the details are in my journal for those who are curious. Start with the posts linked in my signature.

I am praying that all who read these words will find themselves compelled to take the next step into recovery. There is only one day that matters in recovery, and it is the only one in which we can choose to take the next right step: TODAY.

Make it count!

upload_2022-5-28_7-35-17.png

2. jw2021

jw2021 Fapstronaut

Congratulations on 3 years. Thank you for all you have shared and for paving the way for so many. You are a true inspiration!

3. Dignan

Dignan Fapstronaut

4. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

5. RedeemedIowan

RedeemedIowan Fapstronaut

Look at God’s power at work in you. You have been an incredible inspiration. Please keep going strong.. we need your steadiness!

6. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

Congratulations my friend. "When we are weak, we are strong". I wouldn't wish these temptations on anyone but I thank God that you found strength in your weakness and you have been sharing the wisdom you gained through this process with all of us. May God bless you and continue to keep you safe with His awesome grace.

7. Thank you, my friend! Of course, as you rightly say, my faithfulness is only as solid as my connection with Christ, who is the true source of our strength. It is his steadiness that we all need! Fortunately, it is freely available to all who seek it.

8. Aquiantedwithsorrow

Aquiantedwithsorrow Fapstronaut

Amen and Hallelujah. I can attest to this. God can do a really deep clean in our soul if we let Him in.

9. Well done, @Tao Jones ! Thank you for sharing your journey and for being so supportive to others. Wishing you continued strength and success as you move forward.

10. Barnabas_

Barnabas_ Fapstronaut

All the best brother! You are inspiration to many. You have inspired me to many changes in life :)

11. I praise God for you, brother, and for his evident work in your life.

Tao Jones, Ketherlonk and jw2021 like this.