1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Have Tips for Complete Ending of Viewing Women in a Romantic Way?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by jcl1990, May 27, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

This is one of the best posts I've ever seen anyone make on any topic on this site, ever. Pay attention to every word this guy said because he is spot on. I am probably 10% at best down the path he describes but I am already starting to see some of the things he talks about emerging in my life.

danhuk and Warrior4Freedom like this.
  2. InappropriateUsername

InappropriateUsername Fapstronaut

Move to a cabin in Alaska wilderness.

3. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

Actually, we do experience a pure raw desire for release just like you do. Especially on days during which we'll be able to conceive. The only reason we don't act on those urges is that we were conditioned to think that sort of behavior is trashy and degrading to us as women.

But yeah I can understand where you're coming from because we both are driven by similar instincts.

danhuk and It Is Possible like this.
  4. Warrior4Freedom

Warrior4Freedom Fapstronaut

I appreciate the nod and solidarity, kind sir. :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_punch::emoji_pray:

Rev2.0 likes this.
  5. CoomSlayer

CoomSlayer Fapstronaut

Been there. Once you logically think about it..having a girlfriend will change NOTHING in your life. Not really. Especially when you take the long term view. Sure will things in your life change? Yeah. Will your life change? NO. You'll still be the same guy physically, mentally, socially...just with a gf. Maybe you'll get laid but none of your problems are gonna go away.

Once the novelty of it wears off, your relationship should in quite some amounts have the main characteristics of your other relationships such as those with your friends and family. Once you get down from the high of new love of oxytocin and having as much sex as you can, once you level off, you will realize its just another relationship and without the initial highs to power you through the "bad" times ,slowly you'll realize its NOT everything. Its impossible for it to be so. Because that's not what it is. It is not an end all, be all.

If you're lonely or unhappy or your life sucks without a gf, you will be lonely, unhappy and with a empty life having a gf as well. People are lonely in their marriages.

Love is great but it won't change who you are or your life. Even if it does somehow, it will only be because you took action to it. Not love.

A lot of time careful introspection might reveal that you want something else but chasing romantic love is just a way to envision and validate it powerfully. Is there any particular ideas of yourself or your life that repeatedly show up in your mind when you think about romance or love?

On other hand, what do you want from romantic relationships? Intimacy, emotional support, companionship? All these things can be found with family or friends as well to quite an extent. With romantic relationships its different obviously but without having these things from other sources you tend to overvalue their quantity in a relationship with the opposite sex, which is not healthy as well.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2022
  6. CoomSlayer

CoomSlayer Fapstronaut

Great take.

Warrior4Freedom likes this.