1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Fear of stepping out of the comfort zone.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by jurte, Jun 6, 2022.

1. jurte

jurte Fapstronaut

Hi guys!

I will try to keep it as short as possible. Basically, I'm a 22 year old college student, right now this is actually the end of my undergrad studies and I'm working hard on my thesis. The problem is, I don't know what to do next, I want to continue my academic career, but the degree I'm interested in doesn't have a masters degree in my city, only private colleges, and I can't afford that. I also don't have the financial abilities to study in different city. I'm currently also in the process of getting my driver's license, but let me tell you, I really struggle with that and constant relapses do not help me in making progress. For the last couple of months I've also started to consider taking up some sort of MMA or Muay Thai classes, i'm very insecure though. When I was a kid and a teen I never signed up for any sports. In high school I would rather drink and jerk off all the time. I still am addicted to that, in addition with smoking cigarettes. Do you guys have any advices? On whether I should do it? Or maybe it's too late. I'm a relatively athletic guy because I've been working out on a daily basis for a couple of years. But still, do you think I have a chance in the real world?

2. Morior Invictus

Morior Invictus Fapstronaut

Listen, buddy, chum, pal even. Any MMA, may thai, or jui juitsu would steam the b**** right out of you like an iron on a crease.

Do it. Embrace challenge, do what you thought you couldn't, and your confidence will grow.

Aut Invenium Viat Aut Facium

jurte likes this.
  3. jurte

jurte Fapstronaut

Sounds good…. Are you into mma?

Swift Escape likes this.
  4. Morior Invictus

Morior Invictus Fapstronaut

Did muay thai for a while and now switched over to doing jui juitsu as it hurts my joints less. I have surgery here soon though so I can't do anything for a bit :mad: .

But its a blast, definitely builds confidence. Most people are untrained fighters so if you can keep a level head against a trained fighter you can keep a level head for anything.

jurte likes this.
  5. jurte

jurte Fapstronaut

I wish you lots of health my man, and thanks for the advice

Morior Invictus likes this.