1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 41 .Today is a busy day:(

2. Day 2 complete!

Custody of the eyes is going to be the key to winning a lot of battles this summer. In a church setting I'll be working with a lot of women, which isn't something I'm very used to, but I can use this as an opportunity to grow. If I avoid all external sources of lustful thoughts (PMO) and silence all the internal sources, I'll be doing quite well.

St. Lucy, pray for us!

3. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

I will pray for you

4. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 58 complete

I was low on urges. Not a lot to say

5. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

3 days
    I feel like I'm on a mission again, hope rises. I can get easier out of bed. Downside is I believe again that: "I need to do something to get somewgere". I wanted to get rid of this mindset. I guess the solution could be to abstain from P to benefit others.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022
  6. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 9 - Uruk-Hai, The Dark Tower Barad-Dûr

7. Hello,

Does anybody have the experience in attending NoFAP meetings groups online?

8. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

Beginning of Day 1.
    Did all my routines:

• 2min Ice-Cold-Shower
    • 5min Meditation
    • 1min Hand-Stand
    • 3min Self-Love
    • 3min Faith-and-Belief
    • 2min Gratitude

After that I feel so much better than yesterday
    these routines are essential - and they are weapons against PMO

left to do in the evening:
    • journaling with Emotional Self-talk (15min)
    • And I need some relaxation -points !

Greets Out!

9. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

10. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Bro you can do it . I think this graph will help you.
    1) If your mind says to relapse , you can see the graph.
    that's about intensity of urges from day 0 to day 90
    [​IMG]

2) you can watch ZYZZ inspirational videos . I also watch these inspirational videos on youtube.

download.jpg download.jpg

11. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

There are times when I feel I could slip at any minute. I need to keep doing the work every day. I just don’t think I’m ever going to be 100% healed but that’s ok.

12. a_unique_user

a_unique_user Fapstronaut

I notice that a fall begins with a few slips... looking at Instagram profiles of cute girls or boys online or whatever flavor of poison usually works for you... "harmless stuff" to start. Your mind will justify it, "it wasn't a full slip, i'm still good". Then you are at it the next day... it comes gradually and It follows your usual patterns.
    Then comes the fall. And you reset. Then the relapse and the relapse loop. Until you come to your senses again or fall into that shit mood.
    At least that's how it works for me.

Day 14 as an Uruk-Hai, complete!

Today I am a Hobbit! @RiseToGreatness
    The journey begins. The urges continue and I keep fighting!

13. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 471 no PMO. Had an amazing night with my family last night. Happy to be so blessed.

14. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 0

MOd twice today. Been very depressed and lonely. Longing for companionship. I want to find somebody to be with, to spend my time with. I feel a bit more hopeful on that front. But I want to find a way forward through this depression for now. I am making plans to go on holiday soon. It will do me a lot of good.

I don't like MOing. It makes me feel like I can't trust anyone because I know I am hiding things myself. I miss when I was younger and I found it so easy and natural to trust and relate with others. Of course, the difficult thing is that then your trust gets broken and you get heartbroken. But I'd still rather live trusting people and risking having it broken than always doubting yourself and others. It's no way to live and it's tearing me apart.

Holiday would do me good, and some counselling.

Keep doing what y'all are doing.

15. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

Day 3
    Low urges yestarday, worked out today.

Keep strong my brothers!

16. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

I became a grey wizard earlier, but then relapsed and have been struggling since then. But now is the time to get back on track and enjoy the honor and blessing of being among the fellowship again. Good luck to all others on this forum. Never give up :emoji_muscle:
    Check in day 0.

17. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

18. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Good day fellas!
    16 days, so that makes me a hobbit already :D
    The last days were kinda turbulent. I'm tempted to feel overwhelmend, but I am avoiding self pitty, since it helps nothing and it's also the start of getting into the things that will lead me to PMO. I want to mention two quotes from you about that which striked me:

Indeed we don't just fall, we actually go falling until we're broken on the ground. I realised that those pics that I saw weren't indeed a relapse, but it was a start of one. Thankfully I managed to get out of that, even though I had sinned, which I reppented. But it was good for me to remeber how easy it is to go from feeling awsomely good to being destroyed for have relapsed again. And I'm sure I would hate to be in that place right now.

@Ready to Stop Man, I haven't reached what you had, but here goes some thoughts that may help you:
    We'll never get free from temptation. We might get free from the addiction, which imprioson us in a place without the power to overcome it. Even the Word of God says:
    "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed." John 8:36

But it also says:
    "So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall" 1 Corinthians 10:12

I know it is personal to define if we're standig or not, but the fruits you bear are those of someone that really is, they're the fruits of a free one (actually, everyone that is in Christ is already free, because of His power, but some of us struggle with ourselver to just let go and give Him the exclusive lordship of our lives). You are indeed free, you just have to take heart and keep the fear of the Lord to hold standing. You know the darkest part of you heart and the dirtiest of its intentions, yet also does the Lord. But if you keep it humble, the Lord will keep operating freely in you, giving you the power that you need to overcame temptation.

"My sacrifice, O God, is a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart you, God, will not despise." Psalms 51:17
    "But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says: “God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.” James 4:6

I decided to share it publicly so that everyone might also receive something out of this. These words are powerful and have been helping me a lot in those days, I hope it also help all of you too.

God bless, brothers!

19. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Checking in my friends!!

Just a quick check to say everything is allright. Feeling solid and following my reboot procedure. Going back to work now :D

Have a great day. Love you :)