1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Where am I going?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Hi guys.
    It is a complicated time. A complicated period for some time now.
    Let's clarify: my wife, my son and I are in good health. I don't have big problems at work, we don't have financial problems.
    But I realize that I have been under a lot of stress for at least a year now (birth of the child, new house, some friction in the couple, etc.). The fact is that the situation is slowly worsening like a snowball turning into an avalanche. The more I give in to nervousness, irritability and bad mood, the worse all of these things get.

I am realizing that I cannot continue like this, in the sense that with stress, nervousness and my restlessness I risk ruining relationships, health and happiness.

Unfortunately, the Faith is not helping me, I cannot give it the right space and the right weight. I had thought of relying on oriental-style meditation (such as transcendental meditation) to relieve stress. I don't know where I'm going anymore ...

And linking up with the noFap issue, obviously this situation doesn't help me in the fight against PMO.

What do you suggest to me? What do you think? Opinions?

2. You refer to Faith as an "it" instead of to our Father and our Lord as people. I think that may be the first thing to reflect on. :)

As far as P and MO and lust are concerned, we always have better ways to deal with stress. Lust will only increase our stress and make things worse; its comfort is short-lived and false. If these things are still in your life to any degree, you will not be able to enjoy true peace.

3. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

True you are right.

Perhaps the way I approach faith is wrong. Too many times I don't take into consideration that we are children of God and that Jesus is our Savior. I mean, I know but I'm not really aware of it.

4. How would you define faith? Why is it something you want to pursue?

5. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

Good questions ...

Perhaps I have not yet been touched by Grace and I have not yet become aware of what it means to be a Christian.
    What could you advise me in this case?

6. I am not sure how to advise you because I am not sure what you are wanting advice about. You have said your life is at a point where you must make some changes. Very good! You have said faith has not been a help to you in this so far. Okay, tell us more! What have you tried that hasn't worked? You are using a lot of church-y language, so it seems you have some exposure to these things. I am just trying to figure out what it is about God that attracts you. What are you looking for? What does "faith" mean to you? That is not too difficult a question, I hope.

7. Stommy

Stommy Fapstronaut

My idea of God comes more from religious patterns than from true feelings and experiences.
    Maybe I never really looked for it.