1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does she think we will be together?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Paulie G., Jun 24, 2022.

1. Paulie G.

Paulie G. Fapstronaut

Hello guys,

A couple of days ago a perfect opportunity arose for me to approach an attractive woman. I knew, if i wouldn't do it in that situation, i would never do it. and so i did it. i still can't believe i actually did it. I've been trying to get over my fear and do this for literal years without ever doing it...

Yesterday, i had sex with this girl and it was amazing. She is very hot, but i don't want her to be my girlfriend (for many different reasons). Before we slept together, i saw no problem, because i thought she was just looking for sex, because she was talking very sexually all the time. But after we did it, she somehow started becoming clingy... What is the procedure here? I never went through this, so i really don't know. Does she somehow assume that we will be together? or do i just meet her again and sleep with her again, until she asks if i want to be her bf? and then i say no? that can't be it, right?

on the other hand, just telling her out of the blue: "hey i don't want to be your bf", is weird too.

She has been really nice to me, so i just really hope she doesn't expect us to be together, because i don't want to disappoint her and make her sad. But it's looking like it's going to be inevitable... Any advice?

Bob_the_Rebuilder likes this.
  2. I started a long post in response, but in a nutshell, my advise is don't have sex with her again if you are not interested in a relationship.

You could say something to her along the lines of ".... it was a mistake. I'm sorry, you are just so attractive I couldn't help myself, but I'm not ready for a relationship right now."

I don't know- maybe my advise is no good. I've been out of the game for a long time LOL

3. The natural process of having sex with a girl is that she'll become your girlfriend. That is what most normal girls expect to happen.

You should have analized better before sleeping with her if that is what she wanted after you two had sex.

If you don't want anything further just tell her and leave her alone before she falls in love or you or just stop replying.

Or try to keep the thing going. It's a complicated scenario. Now you know sex is never without consequences.

4. Paulie G.

Paulie G. Fapstronaut

omg, what have i done... I didn't realize this is how it works. Don't people have sex all the time without being in a relationship? i wasn't realizing she may want more until she started texting me a lot... should i ask her what she wants? i really don't want to make her sad.

hmm yes this might be good, because it's actually the truth.

yes, now i know indeed :( the thought of making her sad is killing me. how do women do this? i mean they ghost/reject/dump guys on a daily basis... do you get used to it?

Meshuga likes this.
  5. Yeah but just think about it this is great you just gained something great: wisdom.

Not just knowledge, wisdom because this is a knowledge learned by experience. In a way dont feel so bad because you didn't know.

This is good because next time you'll be with a girl you are more aware of what sex implies. Sometimes girls use sex as a clickbait to catch you or they just use you for sex, or sometimes agree to have sex without commitment, many variants.

Know next time you decide to be with a girl you know better, I think almost all men learn this, the way you did.

And about right now it will certainly can turn into an uncomfortable situation. At least be polite and treat her with respect.

Nothing worst than a vengeful girl. At least she seemed to enjoyed the sex so is less likely she'll be very resentful.

6. Haha sorry it just sounds cute.
    But sex can mean many things depending on the girl and how she's feeling at the moment.

The less complicated way to deal with sex is in a committed relationship. Almost like only having sex with a girl you want some type of commitment or agreement.

Perhaps a mature girl, they are usually not clingy and like sex a lot. It could be an option.

You just need to keep dealing with girls. Don't despair man. It's normal.

fremdkoerper likes this.
  7. MarioCorrelos

MarioCorrelos Fapstronaut

Yes, people do it all the time. And as they have told you, it's always gonna depend on the parts involved.

Don't worry too much, same as you had assumed it was something occasional and didn't want it to go any further, she had assumed just the opposite. No one is to blame and no one must feel bad for it. It's true that it is not an easy conversation to have, but the sooner you let her know about your intentions, the better for her, if you really worry about her as you're saying.

Be gentle and nice to her, and that's all. She won't like it, but it's the best, I can tell from experience.

fremdkoerper likes this.
  8. Meshuga

Meshuga Fapstronaut

Yeah, some do. Casual S is promoted by pop culture as the norm, a good thing, even, but it’s just not natural. When you have skin to skin contact with any person, both of you get oxytocin. That’s the bonding hormone that makes new mothers love their little, red, squish-faced, squalling poop factories with fanatical devotion. With S there’s a lot of skin to skin, so a lot of bonding. We like to act like we can feel good with S at will, basically use each other’s bodies for a couple hours, and shrug it off without consequences. But you can’t. After S, your bodies believe they are supposed to be with that body more, and if your mind isn’t in sync and you don’t bond with that person again, there’s actual trauma associated. Do that enough times, and your ability to bond with anyone at all begins to be compromised.

I personally believe the “free love,” casual sex ideas started as part of a general rejection of religious morality, but it turns out religions were attaching spiritual value to a tangible, biological process.

Were I you, I’d follow @Bob_the_Rebuilder’s advice. Take responsibility and apologize, it’s the gentlemanly thing to do, but don’t lead her on just because you’re afraid of hurting her feelings, either. And now you know to be more careful in the future.

9. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I'm not sure about the whole "you were just so attractive" thing. If she's that hot then she gets validation on that point all the time and doesn't need any more. It may also show her she is already halfway to "hooking" you and could lead her to turning up the volume even more (sexy texts, pictures etc.) to try and keep your interest. It's OK to have been weak in the moment (and frankly, very understandable to want to "cash in" on the fruits of your boldness) but I don't think you need to cop to that in your explanation.

On the overall point of being honest with her and stopping things before they go any further though, I agree 100%. Good luck.

10. fremdkoerper

fremdkoerper Fapstronaut

Dude, talk to her. Ask her, what she thinks this is going to be. Tell her that you are not interested in a relationship. (And say it a little nicer than the way I just wrote it...) If she can't handle it you will lose her. If she can, you may become friends with benefits. But really: TALK TO HER ABOUT IT. There is no other thing to do if you still want to be able to look at yourself in a mirror. And be honest to yourself and to her what you want and need at the moment. Otherwise the both of you will suffer. This is what it means to be a grown-up man.
    But you must not blame yourself for sleeping with her. Finding a relationship is trial and error and sex is one part of a sane and fulfilling relationship. So of course it is totally normal to sleep with girls without being in a relationship with them. You don't want to buy a pig in a poke ;)