1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Which choice should I choose ? Money / Time ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Mr.Tony, Jun 26, 2022.

1. Good evening guys, I was woundering which of these two jobs - I should choose ? By the way I always wanted to create my own business and focus on growing it up. But now it seem there is a part of me that want at least a level security in this unsecure world.

Anyways, I have 2 Options here:

1- Taking a Job that pays 800$ / Month and you gotta work 8 Hours a day minus Saturday and Sunday, plus 22 days vacation / a year. ( Less Time more Money )

There is also the possibility of growing up in this career making me earn up to 2000$ / Month.

2- Taking a Job that pays 500$ / Month and you gotta work 5 hours a day Saturday included, 2 Months vacation / a year plus multiple days of vacatio up to other additional month. ( More Time less Money )

The possibility of growth and promotionis a little bit too low with my growth reaching up 800$ a month after 7 or 8 years.

I need to make a wise decision, which one do you guys think would be great for me ?
    By the way I want to start a Freelancing Busness and work up for a while, try the world of business - I already havean MBA.

Which choice should I take ?

2. It's tough to advise without knowing more about your situation. I personally could not live on 500 a month, so there is just no way I could accept that job, unless I had some other source of income as well. But I don't know what your situation is.

So I'll share my own perspective instead. I own my own business, and I have full control over what hours I work. Which means I could work way more hours and make a ton more money, or I could work less and just make enough to live on and have more free time.

For me, I've chosen time. Partly because you never know how long you're going to be here on this earth, or how long those you love will be here, and I enjoy being able to prioritize time with family while I have it. But also partly because I'm an author and I would love to eventually be able to make money writing, so working less and having more free time gives me the opportunity to invest in my writing and pursue that path as well.

So if you have something else you're wanting to pursue, and if the 500/month is adequate for your needs, then you might want to consider taking the job that gives you more free time to pursue that freelancing business you're interested in getting started. If you have more time and can get that going, then eventually, if it works out, you could end up making a lot more money that way as well, in the long-run.

But I wouldn't advise taking the lower paying job if it would put you in a difficult financial position. If it were me, I would want to be making enough money to cover my expenses + a bit more for savings and a cushion for emergencies. But if the lower paying job still covers all of that for you, then I'd say enjoy having more free time to pursue your freelancing career on the side until it picks up and can replace your other job and become a fulltime career.

Best of luck to you in whatever you decide :)

RobbyGo36 and Pentatonic like this.
  3. Long Range

Long Range Fapstronaut

What country do you live in and how old are you?

Regardless, I would take the higher paying job for sure, it pays 60% more, that's huge. Also the lower paying job is 6 days a week, so that's going to cut into your personal time.

RobbyGo36 likes this.
  4. I missed that detail. In that case, I would probably take the higher paying job as well. I would much rather work more hours and fewer days. With my current job, I only work 4 days a week, and I would much rather work later on those days and have an extra weekend day. It's so nice.

5. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

The first job pays you $4.35/hr
    The second one $3.7/hr
    However, if you really are going to invest your time to grow your own business, then time might be more valuable, that would depend on whether you really would work after the 5hr job. If you take the $500 job you would be saving 49hrs a month.
    So the question is, in those extra 49hrs, will you be able to make more than $300 in your own business/entrepreneurship? (Which is the difference between the 2 jobs); if the answer is yes, then take the second one.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2022
    TakingTheSteps likes this.
  6. Very true. It's also worth asking yourself when you would most want to do that extra work.

With the lower paying job, you have more hours during the week days, but you also have 5 hours of Saturday at work. So if you think you're more willing to work on Freelance stuff on the weekend, it might be a good option to take the 5-day job and then work on that stuff on Saturday for 5 hours or so.

A Conqueror likes this.
  7. Easy the first job and work on your freelance business on the weekend.

8. It's only 5 hours of work and also it has plenty of time next to it, what do you think ?

9. There is plenty of time on the first time. Almost about 100 Days OFF a year. I also need time to improve my skills and abi,ities and learn something throughout the internet, could you provide me your perspective on this side ?

10. West Africa, I know both jobs won't pay a dime...
    Anyways, It's a little bit sick... What do you guys think ? 800$ I'll have to work 8 Hours a day.
    500$ I'll just work 5 Hours with 19 hours to do whatever I want even start another side hustle.

11. Actually, It's:

30 Hours / week + almost 100 days free (Vacations) vs 40 hours / week + Only 22 days Off.

I'll try to provide you another detail I didn't mention yet, I'm also looking for social security, as If i went into Freelancing / Business - I wouldn't be having it.

12. The problem in were I live is due to the lack of money circulating , there isn't a lots of money circulating in here. Thus, Many skilled people are not paid well, Including myself I'm an MBA Graduate, I spend a lots of my time surrended by Blogs and Books and new things to learn from.

13. it would be better to have two full days off in my experience preferably sat and Sunday that one day sat working 5 hrs is not worth the 100 days off .

Mr.Tony and TakingTheSteps like this.
  14. sound like he wants to pick the more time off lol working weekends is almost as bad as working holidays.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  15. During that 100 days OFF I will be paid the 500$ a Month without doing a single thing, why would you still choose the other ???

16. because weekends off working Sat sucks I am in sales and I wouldn't do if didn't make over 10 k a month my wife has sat sun off and makes what I make and I envy her,all the fun stuff happens on the weekends.

Mr.Tony and TakingTheSteps like this.
  17. Yeah, my husband used to work Saturdays (still only 5 days a week, but with Sunday and Monday off) and it was really frustrating. Everyone always plans things for Saturdays, so I would pretty much just go to events by myself all the time and have everyone ask where he is and why he's never coming to things with me.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  18. I think there is a miss understanding, I live in a country in which Saturday is like any ordinary day, there is no fun, no party, no casual hook ups... Nothing, There is a reason why I still haven't had fun at 28 years old...

If you did somehow manage to do a party of any kind, people will call the authorities on you.and you'll face a hell lot of crazy problems - you would easily avoided if you haven't thought about that. It's Islam and it's a conservative society.

What do you think ? Which Job would be a better option ?

19. I'm really really thirsty for success, I've eaten books about Finance and I graduated MBA with Honnors. I listen to Jim Rohn and Brian Tracy almost everyday, I have a list of goals - that I crush everyday. I think I would have got a better future.if I wasn't born here. The only place I learn about your world is through the Internet, any suggestions on this part if possible ?

20. A Conqueror

A Conqueror Fapstronaut

Brother if this is true, trust me, any decision you take, either the $500 or the $800 you will crush it and become succesful. Just trust your intuition on what's better for you now