1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My success journey after 18 years of addiction

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Deleted Account, Apr 17, 2022.

1. takeaction21

takeaction21 Fapstronaut

A pledge might be a good tool but alone wont do the trick in most cases. You have to first get out of auto-pilot behaviour. Start by writing down every morning your reason for quitting P and what you will do if you are triggered. If you happen to reset/relapse write down the circumstances you were in, what lie/s you told yourself and how you are going to act the next time you're in a similar situation. Best of luck

Master Builder likes this.
  2. Master Builder

Master Builder Fapstronaut

Indeed it won't. It's rather the cement that is keeping all of the practices together. You made a vow. You want to keep it. So you keep on fighting every day, doing what is necessary. Sometimes the only thing that keeps you going when shit hits the fan is because you have made a promise to yourself/ others.

takeaction21 likes this.
  3. Hi guys. I have reached 200 days of no PMO. I don't count days anymore. my body adopted the new situation completely. now, I'm feeling ok, not so bad, not so good.

4. Risingstar98

Risingstar98 Fapstronaut

It was the most beautiful cause of your abstinence brother. I mean what else could be more beneficial and more eternally worthy than doing abstinence for Allah Almighty.

holyjourney and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Rexbrent

Rexbrent Fapstronaut

Why its so hard for you to quit. Do u have addiction related brain changes

6. Master Builder

Master Builder Fapstronaut

Hey man, things have changed. I discovered it was so hard to quit pmo due to not knowing the root cause (the why) of doing pmo and how it relates to my personal psychological makeup. About 6 weeks ago though, i have discovered this truth (the reason why), and have been going strong, effortlessly :)

7. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

Congratulations! I've only gone past 120+ days twice in my life since I've known about this addiction. I can testify that it gets easy to deal with the urges after 3 or 4 months...

By Healthy food...what do you mean? Apart from the omega-3 supplements, what other foods do you recommend?

Kieran2121 likes this.
  8. I agree about the coffee thing. I quit for the first time during my first full reboot. Since then, I've only had it here and there. I haven't had coffee or sugar since 6-26, currently. Are you into health/diet/fitness?

9. Raven King

Raven King Fapstronaut

I quit coffee and started working out regularly. I used to have severe insomnia, now it's not an issue. Thanks to those two things and NoFap sleep is a million times better.

10. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

@amin53 damn no coffee too, kudos to you, that's a fucking jedi move.

11. Yeah it's so weird about coffee. I'm still off since 6-26. I just don't need as much sleep and I don't get tired during the day.

I still say that the reason people get energy from coffee is the placebo effect.

Joseph Campbell and Raven King like this.
  12. icebreaker p

icebreaker p Fapstronaut

Mind if I ask? What is your root cause and your reason why, @Master Builder ?