1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Day 1 complete. I overate at dinner, which can sometimes be a trigger for me, but yesterday's reset is still too fresh for it to have had much effect this time. It's been a while since I've overeaten, so I'll make sure it's a very long time until this happens again as well.

@Ready to Stop Congratulations! I remember you posting about missing your daughter's softball, or at least a post where you recounted that story for us. I'm very glad you found the motivation and the strength to pursue this challenge to the end, and beyond. If we can find those things for ourselves, no doubt we will join you someday.

St. Teresa of Calcutta, pray for us!

2. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 336

@Ready to Stop my brother in Christ! Your story is an excellent example of what PMO does to us and how important is to realize it, to be determined to change. You're really strong now. Eyes open brother, trust in God and you won't fall ever again! I pray for you please do the same for us.

3. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Dearest fellowship,

I would like to have good news, but it seems my mom has breast cancer. I didn't see something like this coming, but I think it has a pretty high survival rate these days. I hope anyway; truthfully I've avoided looking much into it.

I'm pretty scattered in general. One thing I wanna hammer out is what my workout routine should look like again. I kinda wanna do at least something daily to add a fitness steak to my challenge. I don't have any equipment to work with so it'll be back to mostly push-ups and squats and leg raises and stuff like that. I'd do pull-ups, but I can't do many of them and have no pull-up bar right now. I used to go to this park near me, but that was in the winter at night. This time of year it is still light and tons of people around and I don't want them watching me lol. In addition the bars around this area suck.

I also need to get my food intake up again. I would like to get at least 130g of protein a day right now.

kaerhal, malt3439, Slider8 and 5 others like this.
  4. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

@Ready to Stop, Congratulations man! You're a huge inspiration. Thank you for all your advice!

malt3439, Kairose, Slider8 and 5 others like this.
  5. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Day 46
    I got better and I'm getting back. Today was pretty exhaustive, but I'll be well soon.

Man, I wish there was something that I could do. Hope she can get the treatment and that it works properly. God bless you brother!

malt3439, Kairose, Slider8 and 5 others like this.
  6. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

0 days

@Ready to Stop Amazing! Thank you very much for these 500 days! You're a great inspiration, you show us how it's done. I wish you and your family all the best, you've earned it!

@Talz sorry to hear that about your mother. Cancer is cruel and strikes mercilessly. I hope everything works well and your mother has many more joyful years ahead.

7. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Congrats and thank you!

8. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 29 complete

The morning motivation did pay of a little bit, but I am still struggling to keep my eyes where they belong. All good in general. Keeping my eyes where they belong was never my thing so it's good to fight for new lands instead of protecting what I already won.

9. Mazda647

Mazda647 Fapstronaut

10. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

So sorry to hear about your mother. I went through the exact same thing 35 years ago when the medicine and techniques were far less advanced. I’ll be praying for you, your mom and the rest of your family. Try to remember that God has a plan, we don’t normally get to know what that plan is, and that it is ultimately for the good. Might not be for YOUR GOOD but it is for THE GOOD.

11. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 501 no PMO. At least for now I’m going to continue to try to post here every morning. Ever hear people say “It worked so good that I decided to stop doing it!”? Well I’m going to try not to make that mistake here. This works so good I’m going to try to keep doing it.

12. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 40

Congratulations @Ready to Stop! That was a truly inspiring post! Here is to hoping that all of us can join you at the top of that moutain soon!

Really sorry to hear about your mother's diagnosis @Talz. Keep strong so you can be a pillar of stability for her and others around who you care for!

13. SoulHollow234

SoulHollow234 Fapstronaut

Just joined in my first day on the trip to Mordor.

14. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

congrats bro.Today I was too late to wish you. please stay with us bro. you can set goal to 1000Days bro. You are a huge motivation to us

15. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Thanks bro.
    Day 71. road to 90 days

16. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

33 days
    Low urges the most of the day and like an hour of intenses urges, but managed it focosing on my work. I think that the urges started because I was in youtube, I have to take care of it.

Today I worked out and took a cold shower.

Keep strong my brothers!

17. Kratos_GOW

Kratos_GOW Fapstronaut

Day 72.

STOP MONKEYING AROUND
    “Enough of this miserable, whining life. Stop monkeying around! Why are you troubled? What’s
    new here? What’s so confounding? The one responsible? Take a good look. Or just the matter
    itself? Then look at that. There’s nothing else to look at. And as far as the gods go, by now you
    could try being more straightforward and kind. It’s the same, whether you’ve examined these
    things for a hundred years, or only three.”
    —MARCUS AURELIUS, MEDITATIONS, 9.37

Character,” Joan Didion would write in one of her best essays, “the willingness to accept
    responsibility for one’s own life—is the source from which self-respect springs.”
    Marcus is urging us not to waste time complaining about what we haven’t got or how things have
    worked out. We have to quit monkeying around and be the owners of our own lives. Character can be
    developed, and when it is, self-respect will ensue. But that means starting and getting serious about it. Not
    later, not after certain questions have been answered or distractions dealt with, but now. Right now.
    Taking responsibility is the first step.
    To be without this character is the worst of all fates. As Didion put it in “On Self-Respect,” “To live
    without self-respect is to lie awake some night, beyond the reach of warm milk, the phenobarbital, and the
    sleeping hand on the coverlet, counting up the sins of commission and omission, the trusts betrayed, the
    promises subtly broken, the gifts irrevocably wasted through sloth or cowardice or carelessness.”
    You’re so much better than that.