1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

We are with you bro.
    Don't worry ! ZYZZ is watching us bro!

2. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 75
    Today is a normal, lazy day. :):)
    Good luck!

3. Neu

Neu Fapstronaut

Been gone, busy with life... wait, the streaks have changed? :eek:
    Dope! Right, about the rest, checking in Day 70 - that means I'm a warrior.

Also I've never been consistent with these, so hum right. here's my checking in after weeks lol. Still doing good! :)

Can't believe I'm this far, seriously.

4. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

Don´t worry bro, that´s normal here ;). Best wishes for you :)

5. RiseToGreatness

My brother!! :) :) :)

[​IMG]

"You´re most welcome!"

Good to have you onboard once again! :) the Fellowship is a bit of addictive, don´t you think? :D just kidding. This is the power of community! and why is so important to keep in touch, read from others and share our own experiences.

Mark Queppet himself says: community is the keystone for habits/addiction change!

Now, are we doing this or what? ;) Let´s go!!!!!!!

p.s. - important things has changed in the challenge while you were gone. please check the front page. thank you :)

6. i89rt5

i89rt5 Fapstronaut

day 4

With sleep pills, I got some longer-than-usual sleep, which is much needed for night shift.

I'm finding that checking in here daily helps heighten my awareness of NoFap pursuit on a daily basis. The "comrade" / fellowship vibe on this thread is definitely a big plus.

7. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship!! :)

4 days done, learning the Bombadil´s tune ;)

I slept little last night, i got careless talking with my wife and preparing the next day, i also refine the challenge front page, texts and graphics, and when i realize it was damn late! :D

so little sleep, and brain fog, merciless, appeared right in the morning, i did a quick bit of wim hof breathing to shake it off, but i was late for work, so it didn´t have any effect. still the morning went allright.

after lunch i had a huge crash of energy and heavy fog followed. i was so down that seriously considered relapsing. then i negociate with myself "bro, just go to that meeting, and then relax". that´s what i did, i left home and when to the work meeting. it went allright, despite i was slow and dumb :confused::confused::confused::confused: but it was so hot today, that everybody was dizzy, so i passed unnoticed :D :D :D

after the meeting i went home, do 4 proper rounds of wim hof breathing, and finally my mind cleared! :p i left home immediatly and went to the office.

checking with you guys now. after this i´m just gone fill some files, leave the office, and go home rest and read on the couch :)

Serious challenge today but this battle is won.

Let´s keep going brothers!!! Checking out.

8. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Welcome back bro ! Perfect timing !

9. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

10. Had a great day today:emoji_grinning:,

Most of the day spent working but also didn't forget about exercising.
    Spent a few hours outside. Took a cold shower.

I need to stop overthinking about my job interviews.

[​IMG]

11. IveWastedMyTime

IveWastedMyTime Fapstronaut

checkin out!

Day feeling: kinda stressed kinda good

morning routine: :emoji_heavy_multiplication_x:
    early stand up (6am): :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    work: :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    No PMO: :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    work-out/cardio::emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    No Series/Games before 6pm(till 9pm)::emoji_ballot_box_with_check:
    Journaling: :emoji_heavy_multiplication_x:

Greets!

12. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 2 / 1000.

It was raining almost all day. A lot. That's ok. We are used here to northern summers. Record beating heat waves that happen in recent years make me quite uncomfortable. So, resting from heat now in some sense.

The end of catholic festival, where I now live. Chapels were still open. So, despite the rain, went to see what's inside. I always stay longest near the copy of The Shroud of Turin. Brings lots of thoughts.

{:emoji_zap:}

Stuff that should help to not pmo:
    1. No internet for recreational purposes until 6 pm.
    2. Waking up on the same time every day.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2022
  13. Belvedere

Belvedere Fapstronaut

Day 1 completed!

Thank you for the positive words on my last post. Today I had an insane session at the gym and listed the apartment out for sale. Amazing feedback!! So many people interested.

Good tuesday!

14. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Some urges, especially right when I wake up and right before bed. Overall a good day. :)

15. zusya

zusya Fapstronaut

Day 0

Unfortunately I MOd this morning. Woke up with severe anxiety, and MO seemed like a way out.

Had severe anxiety all day today. Think a lot of it has to do with ideological confusion and realising I probably don’t believe a lot of the things that I was brought up to believe. Which is a heartbreaking but important realisation.

I think the big problem with my life is that I always feel like somebody else has got their claws on me, trying to manipulate me and bend me to their will, wanting to form me in their image. It’s a painful realisation when you realise that people you trusted had been using your innocent childlike trust to indoctrinate you and make you in their image. But at the same time it’s liberating, as it opens up the possibility to be made in God’s image, the man I’m supposed to become. It’s part fate and part free will. I wonder who I will become. But strangely, when I put my power in God rather than people, I don’t feel so worried about the future, and it doesn’t bother me as much that I don’t know the future.

Been dealing with lots of intrusive thoughts and inner turmoil. But I’m just going to keep plodding on, one day at a time, living by my conscience and being honest with myself and others, and holding on to that small flicker of hope in my heart.

“We held on to hope of better days coming, and when we did, we were right.” - From You Were Cool by The Mountain Goats, one of my favourite bands ever. I love those guys.

16. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 193

Muggy heat here today, it’s made me feel lethargic and unmotivated. Despite this I actually really enjoyed the day; got a good amount of work done, enjoyed some games with my friends, went out for drinks after - highlight of the day was buying a fan to help me cool down at night!

Had to diffuse a situation; I went to the cinema with three friends yesterday and after some gossip started I had to tell my friend that it wasn’t as a double date but just as friends. I don’t blame her for wanting clarity, there’s a lot of relationship gossip going round at the moment, but it does jar me that people think two single people on a night automatically means they’re dating. All is well though, and the anxiety it caused didn’t lead to urges.

17. til_im_free

til_im_free Fapstronaut

Good Day!
    Some urges are still lurking around. I didn't sleep well, so I was tired throughout the whole day.
    But still, it was a good day.
    Gonna sleep soon so I can be fine tomorrow!

18. I'm unable to channel excessive testosterone, couple that with absence of empathy and capacity to feel, it can take you to dangerous places. I particularly sense hostility from other men when I'm outdoors. I also have cruel nature.... and other personality disorder, Anti-social being one.

19. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

5 days - With rain and fog you enter the old village of Bree.

Having some urges.

Congratulatuons @til_im_free and @Neu for reaching awesome benchmarks :)

@Redemptionisrequired welcome back :)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2022
  20. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

Day 340 & 341

Sold