1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dreams and Culpability

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by Francis X., Aug 2, 2022.

1. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

Hello. I don't know whether this is a relapse or not. I had a lucid dream, but I wasn't in full control all of the time. There was a person who was talking about this thing people imagine in a lucid dream. I didn't originally want to hear it, but then I did and it made me have a wet dream. At what point are you culpable enough to reset your counter? I really don't want to do it; I've gone so long without PMO.

2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Personally, I don't count what happens in dreams as a relapse. Even in a lucid dream, you may be somewhat aware of what is happening and you may have some level of control over it but I don't think you have the same level of agency as when you are fully awake and aware.

If you were intentionally using techniques known to help put yourself in a state of lucid dreaming before you went to bed, then I would count that as a relapse. In that case you planned it out while fully conscious.

Francis X. likes this.
  3. Francis X.

Francis X. Fapstronaut

I was not trying to lucid dream before I went to bed. It just happened. I don't think I'm going to reset my counter. Thanks!