1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dead to Sin and Alive in Christ

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. I had a relapse yesterday.

2. I've noticed you've been much less active on here the past few months. What's up?

WilliamJ.F. likes this.
  3. Sorry to hear that. It sounds like a reset or one-day mistake. If it was a one-time mistake, then don't be too hard on yourself

4. One day mistake.

WilliamJ.F. and Tao Jones like this.
  5. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

No one, absolutely no one on this planet today is without sin. Of course that is not a free pass to commit more sin, it is merely a reminder to be patient with yourself as you strive for a close, loving relationship with Our Lord. I believe God shows us mercy, not only so that we can find a path back to Him but also because He knows we cannot be happy unless we practice mercy ourselves.

It is truly foolish to lie to ourselves and courageous to be honest with ourselves and others. The fact that you have admitted your fall is evidence of wisdom and courage. Pray that this may be your last fall and an inspiration to carry on without need of such ugly comfort again.

Myfortress, Tao Jones and value like this.
  6. My relapse turned into a binge. I’ve stopped for two days now. Pray for me to get back on track.

WilliamTheChristian and value like this.
  7. Praying for you, my friend. Please keep reaching out. Do not let PMO ruin you and take away everything you have worked so diligently to build. It is always and only a destroyer.

Myfortress and value like this.
  8. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

You fell, you are struggling to get back up. It has happened to all of us. The beautiful effort you made before this and the help you offered to others are not forgotten by God. I pray you may see something in this fall that you did not see before, or perhaps have forgotten, that you can use to prevent another fall in the future. I am praying for you good sir, please pray for all of us here.

Myfortress, Tao Jones and value like this.
  9. value

value Fapstronaut

@Myfortress I'm new here and I've been reading your posts, they're always encouraging and showing that the Father is truly your Hiding Place - I'm praying for you and cheering you on!

CPilot and Myfortress like this.
  10. RedeemedIowan

RedeemedIowan Fapstronaut

Hi @Myfortress, sorry to hear about your relapse. Remember that a relapse doesn’t mean you are starting over. We don’t know how many relapses are on the road to recovery, we only know we have to keep going. Also, keep posting!

11. Thank you I’m holding tough. The first month is the hardest for me.

12. Thank you

value likes this.
  13. Thank you.

value likes this.
  14. Brothers and Sisters
    My recent relapse and my Sunday school lesson has reminded me to never forget the salvation of Christ. It is complete, no matter how many binges, God looks at me and says what sins? I have forgotten. All I see is my perfect beloved son. So do not get discouraged when you fall, persevere. The enemy wants to discourage you. He wants you to forget who you are. He wants you to stop your efforts to be a good husband, father, co-worker, church member... Do not stop serving or ministering to those around you. No matter how you feel, get back rooted in Christ, abide in the vine and keep serving where you are called. If you do not know your calling, start here helping others. The enemy also wants to use our sins to keep us from having fulfilling relationships with mature believers. Seek out a couple of close personal relationships and pursue them.

15. I relapsed yesterday.

16. One day at a time is all we can do.

Are you in other support community atm? I notice your check-ins here are quite sporadic.

17. CPilot

CPilot Fapstronaut

I am deeply sorry to hear that for I know this is not the direction your heart wishes to go. I applaud your honesty, I know it wasn't easy to make this admission but it is essential. Well done for standing up and taking this important step.

As I was replying to your message, I was also lamenting about the increase in the number of random temptations that have come to my eyes lately and I am aware of a frightening thought which came to me last week - I am always one fall away from a relapse. However, Our Lord then gently reminded me, I need only increase my prayer to remain safe. God's almighty help against evil is just a single prayer away.

value likes this.
  18. Yes I have an in person accountability partner and best friend.

value and Tao Jones like this.
  19. @Myfortress do you know what caused your recent relapse? I too relapsed recently, and the only cause I could find was video games. But I might be blind to something, so I am wondering if you have learned anything new from this?

20. I went years without relapsing, but the temptations never go away. Recently I am relapsing about every 60-90 days. The key for me lately is that just because I relapse, does not mean my spiritual life stops. It means I keep the same spiritual disciplines. I go to church, I keep serving without missing a beat. I confess repent and press on. Don’t let setbacks derail you. Don’t let them keep you from going to church and small group and especially don’t let a relapse keep you from talking to your accountability partner about it.

SwedishViking, value and Tao Jones like this.