1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie At Gym needs advice

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by WarriorOfStrong, Oct 2, 2015.

1. WarriorOfStrong

WarriorOfStrong Fapstronaut

Start reading from 2nd para....
    today i started working out,im on nofap for a while now,and as i work behind a desk i dont have much physical activity in my life,the only one was when i used to fap but as i am on nofap i can see my belly increase,i tried low carb diet but i dont think that will be the solution,so i hit the gym,i would have preferred joining a sport club but i couldnt find one in this locality.....
    I want to have a flat stomach and not looking to bulk up or anything,just strong from the inside and fit,what exercises should i focus on,also,my daily diet is quite balanced ,eggs,milk,lemon water with honey,water and meals .
    But if i would want a physique i would prefer it like ,say,beckham or bruce lee mostly because bulking up requires maintaining it else body starts to get lose again,

2. Phibz

Phibz Fapstronaut

Maybe you should try googling "benefits of core strength" or "core strength exercises" or "planking." There's one exercise called the "spiderman." I train heavy myself. But a strong core is the foundation of all types of training.

3. WarriorOfStrong

i do plank ...for 40 secs

4. Spiral

Spiral Fapstronaut

I did gym for a bit which was fine but now I long board instead. Way more fun and just as much of a workout.

5. Stevegregory

Stevegregory Fapstronaut

@WarriorOfStrong Abs are all about body fat, you could do a million abdominal exercises and you would still see no 6 pack. You would have to work out how many calories your body needs to maintain your weight (you can do this on a online calorie calculator) and then eat say 200 calories less than that everyday and do some cardio to see fat loss results. You say you don't want to bulk but if you wanted a physique like bruce lee you have to have some muscle to look ripped, if you only care about the flat stomach and then you do what i said you will just be skinny with abs because right now you don't have any muscle do you? so you would need to some kind of bulk to look like bruce lee.

6. WarriorOfStrong

i am well built though...definitely not skinny,i used to play and do cycling in high school but that was a decade ago,i dont want to bulk up because i hear its high maintenance,thats it,my diet is mostly healthy,no soft drinks,or junk,a lot of bread because thats the only thing i can cook,and no noodles,etc

7. WarriorOfStrong

Also,before starting what can i do to prevent stretch marks

8. Slfctrl

Slfctrl Fapstronaut

If you want to lean down, focus on eating proteins and avoiding carbs and sugars. Don't be afraid to add good fats, like avocados either. Basically you want to train your body into think it doesn't need to store fat and also prevent feeding it the things it wants to store- primarily sugars. without going into calorie counting, increase meal frequency (5-6 times a day) and then drop carbs and sugars where you can, replace them with proteins (meat, nuts, eggs). don't shock your body either. If you are used to eating carbs, your body may go through some serious cravings until it starts burning it's fuel reserves. High rep exercises (don't exercise to gain muscle, it won't happen on a fat-loss diet), and running to help your metabolism.

so, drop the bread lol. its just sugar to your body.