1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Meditation

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, Sep 4, 2022.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Why is it when I sometime meditate I fall asleep..? Would this count as not meditating properly??

Swift Escape likes this.
  2. Swift Escape

Swift Escape Fapstronaut

I'd say it doesn't count as "proper" but I'm stumped as to how to fix it...

onceaking likes this.
  3. ShadyPerson

ShadyPerson Fapstronaut

In my experience there could be two reasons:

1. Sometimes meditating while lying down can make you more likely to fall asleep. Sitting or even standing meditation might be better if this is an issue.

2. Sometimes you are just plain out too tired to meditate and your body will try to make you fall asleep whenever you are doing anything relaxing. I've legit almost fallen asleep during sitting meditation after a bad night of sleep or an exhausting day.

Brain-Police likes this.
  4. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Some meditations are designed to make you fall asleep.

Brain-Police and from2003 like this.
  5. Yes it happens to me too sometimes. Tensing all your muscles and release a couple times helps. Also you can splash cold water in your face before you sit down.

deepanshu___2 likes this.
  6. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Yesssss

7. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Drink coffee ?

8. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

Meditation (depending which kind you do...) gives you and reveals to you what you need to do.

9. lfcmatty

lfcmatty Fapstronaut

It is very important to be relaxed but wide awake. You can meditate lying down but this will encourage you to fall asleep. Ideally you should at least sit upright with your back straight

10. Cassy0110

Cassy0110 New Fapstronaut

your body relaxes so it falls asleep, it's normal, I think