1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Ice baths and breathing

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by greengrey, Sep 16, 2022.

Tags:

Have you tried any cold exposure regularly?

1. Cold showers

71.4%
  2. Ice baths

28.6%
  3. Summer clothes during winter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Ice cream

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Hi,
    I am creating this thread to post my experiences with ice baths and practicing breathing techniques.

Yesterday I did set up an ice bath as it is getting colder outside. I just tested it right now. For the following week night temperatures are casted to go down to 7°C, 13°C during days. Ideal temperatures to start as the water goes below 15°C. It is not freezer.

I will keep up to record all the baths I will do, add some notes to them if so. I also would like to get know your experiences and if you have any questions. Yet, I am not that experienced. I did only a month of ice baths in the winter before last, it was quite challenging mentally as physically.

- Breathing: Before or after I will do some sets of breathing if I feel like to do so and have a time for it. 3-4 sets of 30-40 deep breaths (fully in, out without force), after each set breath all out, hold somewhere over 90s until I really need to breath in, breath fully in, hold 10-15s all pressure in the head, release, few normal breaths, repeat. This will stay same 3 sets are needed, 4 are perfect. #yesitswimhof

- Warming up: I am not yet sure. There are some options warming up after icebath. I will choose as I see it fit. Punching myself with fists, moving my body, breathing, warm shower, soup, tea, laying down in the bed. I will not be doing warm/hot shovers before icebaths, I believe it will put me into the right mindset.

Ice bath #1: 16.9°C, 5min (9pm), no head, no breathing
    Surprisingly temp didn't yet go down. After not moving all day being home, this still felt cold. Pretty tight and shivering, but not hard to stay in. No hot shower before or after.
    After effects: no longer being cold at home, fresher skin

Last edited: Sep 16, 2022
  2. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #2: 14.3°C, 4min (9:40pm), head in, few breaths
    Definently colder and a bit freezy effect after. I was shivering but not that tight. Warming up in the bed, going to relax. Feeling much better. I was asking myself why I am going to do this willingly, now I know.

Derek_5 likes this.
  3. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #3: 13.9°C, 5min (9:40pm), head in, few breaths
    Getting in was kinda hard. Especialy during rain at night it felt kinda wet, cold and overwhelming. I was fighting my head while being in, but time ran fast. I took deep breath and dived in, became the one! Yes! Geting out, body was super hard. Felt good. Warming up with tea.
    After effects: Tingling in the knees, upper body feels alive.

4. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #4: 12.9°C, 6min (9:00pm), head in, few breaths and 2 sets in the morning
    While being in, I was trying to warm up by flexing inner muscles. I think it helped, after fourth minute or so, I stopped shiverrzzzz. Temperatures decreasing.

5. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #5: 12.6°C, 3min (9:00pm), no head
    My mind was a bit out of space, but thing is done. I wish I dived in. Always feeling sleepy after ice bath.

Breathing: 4 sets in the morning, breaths holded 60-90s

Last edited: Sep 25, 2022
    Xue Hua Piao likes this.
  6. Follower of God❤️

Follower of God❤️ Fapstronaut

Keep up with the consistency. :)

greengrey likes this.
  7. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Thank you for the support, means a lot!

Ice bath #6: 13.6°C, 2min (8:00pm), no head
    After two days of pause, another ice bath. 2 minutes - just what I needed and the hardest part was already done. I was getting a little cold, ready for another run.

Xue Hua Piao likes this.
  8. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #7: 13.3°C, 2min (10:30pm), head in
    Geeshh don't think 13°C is warm water:D. Feels very good.

Xue Hua Piao likes this.
  9. greengrey

greengrey Fapstronaut

Ice bath #8: 14.4°C, 3min (9:15pm), head in
    Below 14°C was better, but it is still same hard to get in.

Xue Hua Piao likes this.