1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most shocking piece of news you recently heard?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by markblade, Sep 30, 2022.

1. markblade

markblade New Fapstronaut

It is weird question but I really want to share mine. Yesterday, when I came back home after walking with my dogs, I couldn’t find my girlfriend anywhere. I started to call her, but she didn't reply. I called all her friends but they didn't replied as well. I was so shocked how could she just disappear. But after 3 hours she texted me that she breaking up with me, but she was too shy to tell it face by face. She told me that she moved to NY to her new boyfriend house and asked all her friends to ignore me.

somuchforsubtlety likes this.
  2. Sorry to hear that happened to you man, no one should be broken up through a text. It also sucks since it sounds like you two were already living together and your relationship was far along.

3. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

I am sorry you were treated so badly Mark. Shyness was not the issue, cowardice was. It's despicable behaviour by her! :(

4. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

I have many words I wanna use to describe her, but the mods will ban me if I said them. :rolleyes:

I know it’s little to say, but that ball-and-chain just unlatched from your ankle. *Sigh* I suppose that works to describe her.

5. Holy crap, dude, I'm so, so sorry that happened to you. That's crazy! She is horrible for doing that, and it's totally justified for you to feel hurt or angry. I can't even imagine what that would do to me. I would be completely wrecked. Hopefully you can take some comfort in knowing that apparently she is a pretty awful person, so you probably dodged a bullet there.

6. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

good for OP, either she was cheating on him and their friends knew or getting a "partner" is a lot easier than i though.

7. In full agreement with you here... OP, I'm not trying to deny you the right to feel shitty about this, but consider, we're coming up on the holidays. That means lots of parties and get togethers, everywhere. Halloween costume parties, trivia nights, karaoke and dance. Thanksgiving (here in the U.S. anyway), means seeing old friends at local football games, potlucks, helping out at homeless shelters, etc. Christmas and Hannukah also means volunteer work, Secret Santa, and Christmas parties with family and friends. It's a great time to go out and strike up a conversation with a chick. Keep your chin up.

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Sounds like you're better off without her. One of my exes did something similar. She just stopped talking to me without saying anything and I just assumed the relationship was over. About a year later my assumption was proven correct when I saw her wedding photos on Facebook. Looking back I'm glad it ended, we had become incompatible.

9. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Anyway, the most shocking news I've heard lately is Wolves have sacked Bruno Lage. It doesn't affect me personally though but it happened recently and it shocked me. Lol!