1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 2.

I don't feel much better today. I couldn't fall asleep until 5 am. I was tempted to repeat the deed with the thought "It's only day 1, so who cares". But somehow I cared and, luckily, didn't pmo.

My motivation to do anything is close to 0. But that doesn't mean I don't have to push through. Already did 4 chores today and despite 0 motivation I will go to libraries to do something. I guess the thought of not wanting to starve to death can also be considered as motivation. We all need moneys.

Returning to the topic of hard modes. The differences of states of minds can be immense. Reminds me of tv moviefilm series (I don't remember the name), where the guy used to video-record himself after taking the drug, so he could warn himself of what's waiting. Maybe I should record myself on camera after relapse, so that I could say that it's not worth it. I think, no... I would forget to watch it anyway. I have so much safety mechanisms, but I forget most of them before relapse.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  2. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

91 Days Free of PMO.

A bit of restless sleep last night, I had quite the active mind and I believe I spent a little too much time watching TV ( I actually finished LOTR The two tower extended yesterday) because I took advantage of the holiday. It's okay, I will rectify this, today I take some rest through meditation. Still going to workout and I also have work afterwards.

Stay Strong!

@nerdy_owl and @Paul S. Remember brothers, try your best to analyze what lead you down the road of relapse. A prevention plan is important. @Paul S. Happy to see you on the forums.

@PeaceOnEarth108 Thank you brother and right back at you! Congratulations on your proposal, momentous occasion.

@Kairose Thank you brother! Keep setting the path for us.

@LLOYYD Thank you brother! Yes, I mention in my 90 success story that a 90 day reboot is a lie. It takes more time than that and the intention to quit for good needs to be there.

@nerdy_owl and @Paul S. Remember brothers, try your best to analyze what lead you down the road of relapse. A prevention plan is important.

@PeaceOnEarth108 Thank you brother and right back at you! Congratulations on your proposal, momentous occasion.

@Kairose Thank you brother! Keep setting the path for us.

@LLOYYD Thank you brother! Yes, I mention in my 90 success story that a 90 day reboot is a lie. It takes more time than that and the int

91 days – The Gate is closed but Gollum reveals there´s a secret entrance to Mordor. With a sigh of relief you turn south on the borders of Ephel Dúath, the Mountains of Shadow.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
  3. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 167
    Dear champions,

My college was started the academic stuffs yesterday. Now I am struggling with lot of hard questions in academic stuff. I'm sure I will come and check my second Home (Lord of the ring challenge ) . If I miss any of post of yours , Please forgive me brothers. But Don't worry , I'm stay here and check every day.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2022
  4. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Your welcome! Yes, I think I would have to agree even if I haven't reached there yet. I believe it is a great start for everyone before going further more on a streak. I think I might have come across it somehow while looking in the success stories section. I don't remember. I need to read and check out soon when I get the chance.

5. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

1 day. Had a slip yesterday. No biggie. Doing all I can. Super tired from work. I got this. Never going to give up.

6. Kairose

Kairose Fapstronaut

7. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

I just can't believe what happened :( Lesson learned: Don't ever dare to be woked up when in sleepy state and urges are at peak. It had happened previously too, I was sleepy but was pushing myself not to sleep, the urges were very much more dangerous in sleepy state, I already knew it but I ignored this, the problem repeated itself ;-; Do I only decrease my counter by half because it was like 30% my mistake and 70% my subconscious
    :(

8. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

2 days
    Low urges yesterday, worked almost all day and I thougth that I had the flue, but I was wrong.
    Today I worked out and took a cold shower(today the water was really cold)
    Keep strong my brothers.

9. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 35

Always a hard area of the challenge for me. Urges are starting to get fairly high again. I know I can do it though.

nerdy_owl, Paul S., Kairose and 7 others like this.
  10. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

You will never grow until you learn to take %100 accountability. It is %100 on you whether you are successful or not. Keep fighting, the counter doesn't matter that much. You still have only once in 22 days which is pretty amazing.

11. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 12 no PMO. Fly home from vacation today so soon life will be back to normal. As I have mentioned previously I do tend to struggle with depression right after a vacation so I’ll try to keep my spirits up.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2022
    nerdy_owl, Paul S., Kairose and 5 others like this.
  12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

13. daddyG1981

daddyG1981 Fapstronaut

Day 18 no PM checking in. I’m feeling pretty good. Starting to notice a bit more mental clarity and ability to hold my attention. Still get impulses but yesterday they weren’t as strong, or I was able to handle them better.

14. ARCEUS

ARCEUS Fapstronaut

Thanks for the appreciation, at the end of the day, it was me who refused to sleep for the sake of study and allowed myself to experience sleep Inertia, the initiation was solely done by me :( I will accept this guilt and stand up again from the heavy shock I experienced few hours before and learn more and more. If this life be easy than everyone would be successful, but no, if he wants to be successful, he definitely will face lots of unwanting emotions and experiences, but the prize he will get is priceless.

15. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Day 16 -Touched by your bravery, the gentle Elves of Rivendell give you an elven cloak. The cloak has a hood and is fastened by a green brooch. It acts as camouflage when PMO units are around.
    Quest Item -
    Elven Cloak :emoji_running_shirt_with_sash:

Back to the grind. Moving onward in the journey to Mordor.

Starting the series & watching The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey on the go when I can. All extended edition since I own them.
    Should I buy UHD on digital? Should I buy the 3D version (digital) since I have a VR headset to watch into? Still thinking about it.

Reminder to myself, not to worry because challenge will always come my way here on this journey. Don't say it like Theoden in the Battle of Hornburg :emoji_grin:

Gym sooner or later. Read and such.

These Elven cloaks will aid me to camouflage from PMO forces around.
    Keep on going Fellowship!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2022
  16. Joyful_Ape

Joyful_Ape Fapstronaut

17. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

92 Days Free of PMO.

I had a dream where I nearly relapsed, it's interesting how I view this as a nightmare. I'm glad for that to be honest. Apart from that, I slept well last night and ready to take on another day of meditation, exposure, workout, work and reading. I'm trying my best to improve in all parts of my life, in gradual small increments.

"Do the thing we fear the most and death of fear is certain." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stay Strong!

@ARCEUS Do not beat yourself up too much brother, learn from your mistake. That is the best present you can give yourself. Also, be proud. You are 16 and are tackling an addiction with which many of us would wish we could of done that so early on in life.

18. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

19. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Brother, I have little question for you. Are you a morning person or Night person? . Morning person can do their work easily with more focus in early in the morning . But Night person can only perform well at night. I am Night person. Another thing is please watch below video. It is very helpful to you.

20. Repression

Repression Fapstronaut