1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Men: What are your greatest physical insecurities?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Sep 20, 2022.

1. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I had severe phimosis as well but cured it totally from daily stretching, you don't need surgery. There's a forum dedicated to it if you google it.

stepitup, Mr.Lee92 and Brain-Police like this.
  2. I'm so sorry you feel that you can't have an intimate relationship because of this. If you save yourself for marriage and find yourself a good woman who loves you, I can assure you you can work through anything together. <3

Mr.Lee92 likes this.
  3. Absolutely! As a woman, I personally don't think much at all about my husband's penis, tbh. Lol it's like the least important part of him, to me. 99% of our lives together has nothing to do with how good his penis looks, so it's not really important at all.

Brain-Police and Mr.Lee92 like this.
  4. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

5. skipper1

skipper1 Fapstronaut

My main insecurity (which I feel is justified as it is a physical deformity) is pectus excavatum (PE). I have always worked out to try and improve it as much as I can, and tbh it isn't that bad. If you search it on the net you will see varying degrees of PE. It's also more common than most people realise. Some of my earlier insecurities I now see as a benefit, for example long thin fingers (which is because I am double jointed).

silex_jedi and TakingTheSteps like this.
  6. I am insecure about the size of my penis. It is approx 3 in. long when soft, but grows to about 6.5 in. when hard. I have always been insecure about my size, as it relates to my manhood.

stepitup likes this.
  7. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

My height. I'm only 5'6". When I was in school, I was always the shortest, or one of the shortest, in my classes.

stepitup likes this.
  8. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

1. Belly. I am a naturally slim guy, which i like and am fine with, but when i gain a little weight - as i have done over the past five TEN years - it all goes on a little pot belly. Oh and under my chin, but that isnt so much of an issue as i wear a beard :)
    I have been losing/gaining 10-20 lbs on and off for years, really pathetic behavior, not committing fully or for long enough to get or keep myself in proper shape.

2. Personality. I am an awkward fuck who finds it hard meeting new people, or even keeping up with friends. I put in a lot of effort years ago and had a small circle of friends but now i have a family i scarcely bother at all.

3. Lack of agility. I am not even forty, and i'm stronger than i look, but i am stiff as a board despite having done yoga for a few years now. My joints click and creak, i cant get up and down off the ground without flailing around inelegantly.

4. Poor posture. I am a tall guy, which im grateful for, but decades of looking down and everyone and everything has taken its toll on my neck and shoulders.

9. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

Couple of questions @TakingTheSteps,
    Did you expect the answers that you received?
    What were the answers you thought men were going to give you?
    And have you ever asked this question to anyone in real life?

10. I didn't really have a ton of expectations. The things I thought of myself before asking were height, weight, teeth, hair loss, penis size, feet/nails (my dad has really terrible toenails, so I thought that might be something a younger man in the dating world might be insecure about), and just general build (i.e. being small/skinny/not very muscular).

I don't think any of the answers particularly surprised me, but it gave me some ideas to consider. Body hair was one I forgot about, although I should have thought of that, since it's a pretty common topic that comes up often on this site. I actually did consider a lack of body hair being an insecurity some might have, but I didn't think about too much body hair being a factor. Which, again, I should have, since I've heard many men here talk about that before.

Also, since I didn't fully explain the scene, I was thinking of things in a slightly different way than some of the answers. In the scene, my main character is asking the other guys on the reality dating show he's on what their insecurities are about their body, and encouraging them to stop trying to hide them from the girl they are all pursuing. (And yes, as explained above, I do realize that's not something most men would just sit around and chat about... in fact, most of the men respond very uncomfortably and some even sort of laugh and make fun of him for asking such a question).

So because of how the scene is going to go, there are certain things that wouldn't really fit well. Like, obviously in a clean romance novel, I can't have my main character encourage the guys who are insecure about their penis size to whip them out and show the girl. lol and some other things, like height, wouldn't really work, because that's not something you can really hide.

However, to be honest, as I've written more of the story, this scene has ended up not fitting anymore and probably just being omitted completely. That happens often when you write a book. Lol but regardless, I still really appreciate anyone who took the time to answer, and I hope you all know you are beautiful creations of God and part of the beauty of the world is in the variety and differences of the bodies around us. I hope we can all work through whatever insecurities we have and celebrate our differences instead of hating them.

I'm not sure if I shared any of mine, but I'm pretty insecure about my hairline. I have a fairly big forehead already, and as I've gotten older my hairline has moved back a bit, making it even bigger. I really hate the feeling of bangs on my forehead, but I'm often wishing I could get them just to cover my forehead. So that's probably my biggest physical insecurity.

Oh, and as for your last question, I asked my husband. Although I'm pretty sure I already knew what he would say, because it's not like we never talk about this kind of stuff. Tbh, at this very moment, I can't remember what his answer was, but I know he has talked before about being insecure about his teeth in the past. Which is interesting for me, because his smile is one of my favorite things about him, physically.

Brain-Police likes this.
  11. berylliumwages

berylliumwages Fapstronaut

I'm not sure I have any physical insecurities. I think my insecurities are all to do with intellect, lack of ability to converse, being a boring person with no social experiences, etc. My social anxiety is crippling, but at the same time I can't imagine ever caring what someone might think of my physical appearance.

stepitup likes this.
  12. i think i have had some similar insecurities and i can totally relate ones related to body morphology and body hair

uplift likes this.