1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

5 days
    Big challenge saturday night and then again sunday afternoon. Need to prepare myself.
    I feel you brother, welcome back. Good that you're here again :)

nerdy_owl, HE^MAN, Paul S. and 6 others like this.
  2. daddyG1981

daddyG1981 Fapstronaut

Day 8 checking in

stay strong everyone. All I focus on today is no PMO today. Lots of thoughts popping into my head, daydreams, fantasies. My internal addict is making its own triggers, using memories and flashbacks to things I’ve seen. But it is losing this fight….

MS PBH, HE^MAN, Paul S. and 5 others like this.
  3. Day 8. @daddyG1981 Yep today is a hard day for me. I guess I must refocus my energy from that area to my work and do a workout in order to lose this amazing amount of energy.

MS PBH, HE^MAN, Paul S. and 6 others like this.
  4. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 15 no PMO. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I’m off to overeat and then take a nap!

5. ModernTeen Brahmachari

ModernTeen Brahmachari Fapstronaut

Day 2
    Some urges here and there. Changing my old bad habits and also trying to achieve perfect brahmacharya. I was very much scared and anxious as my exams are nearing and I have a competitive exam in 6 months. But after some time the I came upon a conclusion. Which is, the only thing I can do which has the potential to make things workout as I want them to, is hardwork . And sure I will work hard. I must live up to the life which my role model Elon Musk is living. I will atleast try to study 80 hrs a week. Maybe even push it to 100- 120 hrs a week. I am really excited now.

6. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 211
    Doing some new things (*-*)

7. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

135 Days Free of PMO

Another busy one ahead. I'm feeling good, I had an overall fulfilling day yesterday and got some nice light exposure this morning.

Stay strong!

@Anew2019 Welcome back!

8. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

9. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 21.

I am tempted to shut down blockers and relapse. It's quite sudden, it seems. Because all the day I was fine in that sense.

Went to the morning Mass. After that got entangled into conference stuff. Then I wanted to rest for a bit. But that rest turned into avoidance.

I thought that I will write much, but I have not much more to say. There is this feeling that only doing pmo could make me happy now. Nothing much seems interesting.

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 21.
    No coffee - day 21.

10. soldier407

soldier407 Fapstronaut

11. Anew2019

Anew2019 Fapstronaut

12. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

4 days
    Medium urges yesterday, I had a trigger of beeing lazy a little, I used my cellphone to much. Manage the urges with a little lecture related with nofap.
    I didn't worked out today but I will do it tomorrow
    Keep strong my brothers.

13. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

14. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

15. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Approaching end of week 5 (midday tomorrow) - What's different about this time is the expanding scope of the reboot & recovery - trying to channel this new energy now into facing to the other self destructive habits like procrastination, bad diet, superbia and can see now that if I don't tackle these as well then the pain/ pressure doesn't go away, which leads to medicating the pain etc... next milestone is Christmas and arriving there with 8 weeks of recovery under my belt so that I can be present for my family

16. Day 9. I seem to be different person from before already. Anyways I'll probs become greater the farther I go, since the energy amount is great. I mean this is what a man should normally feel like. To have energy to work all day and sleep couple of hours and feel well rested.

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

18. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Thanks! Yes, it's easy to forget why we start. :)

19. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 22.

Woke up all anxious. Mind slided into fantasies right away. But didn't go much into that and got up soon after.

Went for a walk and to church. Outside is this smell of melting snow, which reminds me of my childhood and calms me down.

I was tempted one time today seriously, where I considered shutting down blockers. And somehow now. There was this sudden feeling that I am torturing myself pointlessly. But on the other hand, pmo or mo are also pointless. So that on that.

I don't know. This month I am just living on hope that it will get easier. But it doesn't. I want to pmo very much. Yes, the hope is here. But how long can I live only on hope?

No matter how I feel, I have to start my tasks. Avoidance won't solve anything.

Patrick the Star_5.jpg

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 22.
    No coffee - day 22.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
  20. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 16 no PMO. Had some slight urges yesterday where I wanted to go back and rewatch what I watched at last relapse. I was able to resist but then had a wet dream last night. Maybe that will help relieve the urges I had? Who knows.