1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Long Term SR Will Isolate You

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Rev2.0, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

In two weeks it will be 23 months since I last ejaculated. I personally feel really good about this but the longer I'm going with SR the more it seems I'm repelling people. It's to the point where NOBODY, male or female of any age, will look me in the eye or engage with me. I'm no male model but I'm in good shape for my age, have a full head of hair (albeit gray), 6 feet tall and dress well and have been told throughout my life I'm good looking so I don't think looks are what's behind it. People aren't overtly antagonistic towards me, they just seem like they don't want to acknowledge and/or interact with me. Eye contact in particular is almost impossible because they won't look at me in the face.

Now full disclosure, I'm also an INFJ male, which is rare but a lot of women avoid like the plague. What I can say is that if any of you are thinking SR will have women and especially younger women coming after you from all sides, don't bet on it. Maybe if you're young, super good looking and ripped but otherwise they will likely consider you just too weird. But that's OK. If you feel called to do it, do it for you.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  2. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

Men in your age are usually charming in women's perspective but id like to ask a few questions:

What was your condition before sr generally and also in terms of social interactions?

Did you do better socially before sr?

Many longterm retainers have reported feelings of intimidation being awoked in people

Warrior4Freedom likes this.
  3. Yes I Can Man

Yes I Can Man Fapstronaut

They could be intimidated by you.

4. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

Great questions. I'll do my best.

My track record with women from high school into my early 30s was awful. There are a number of reasons for that but I'm the only one worth blaming. I had opportunities, but very little knowledge of how to follow through and even less confidence to do so. I intensely desired women and feared them to death at the same time which is a repellent combination. Somehow I did manage to find a wife and we had a good (not perfect) marriage that lasted 23 years. When I look back at myself in older pictures with her I see a guy who's half as attractive as I am now and immature in many ways, but I was getting sex and people didn't refuse to engage with me like they do now. I have done SR for almost two years but the last time I f*cked a woman was several years before that. As I think about it, that might be what's going on now. Women will line up to be with guys who are already banging other women on the regular (and they know in an instant if you are), but they also know if a guy is in a dry stretch and want nothing to do with him and they don't give a damn about the reason for the drought.

So I'm not sure where that leaves me. I do know there are a lot of toxic women out there who would do me more harm than good so my current situation puzzles more than frustrates me as it may be I'm being protected. I'm not sure how this all is supposed to work. What I have learned in my older age is that the less I try to figure things out, the more I understand... so I'll go with that.

5. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

I can attest that long sexual retention does make changes to how you are perceived, but my opinion is that it's more of an amplifier.

In periods where I have done long SR and at the same time had everything going for me with a positive outlook, I could feel this magnet effect with the ladies and it did me good. At other times where I was frustrated and did long SR it seems to give the vibes you are describing.

IMO it's not just SR, it's your whole attitude type of thing. And with all honesty I wouldn't care much about how people perceive me as long as I am not doing marketing or sales for a living.

6. Yes I Can Man

It’s all about supply and demand. Women like guys who have options.

If you are not afraid of rejection and be ok getting rejected 100% of the time then you have the confidence to get women. Always be self improvement tho.

AbTheAb and FormerLeatherneck like this.
  7. FormerLeatherneck

FormerLeatherneck Fapstronaut

6 feet tall? Bro, you’re practically a Chad. I think the negative might be that you may be giving off an Autistic “spergy” vibe towards women.

Yes I Can Man likes this.
  8. Yes I Can Man

What’s that?

9. Kierann

Kierann Fapstronaut

Congratulatioms on your progress. 2 years, that indeed is remarkable.

What you're describing feels strange, it is so very much different from the usual narrative and all those woman attraction stories. I wonder what is behind that experience of yours.

10. a Chad is someone who is a very good looking man who pulls the ladies.

11. Ice22

Ice22 Fapstronaut

and, a "Chad" have specific physical traits that women desire the most.
    If you tick most of those boxes you're definitely a Chad. Most men aren't.

12. Yes I Can Man

I know that and there is also Giga Chad and Tyrone. What is this autistic spergy?

13. Yes I Can Man

I know the terms but what’s a autistic spergy?

14. Your body is low on testosterone, hence you aren't getting sexual attention from females. Also, you can't expect to have same libido in the age you at, compared to how you could in your 30's.

Also, older men do better in retention as compared tp guys who are in their adulthood. Sexual libido is at its greatest in a 30 yr old adult, but as men age their Testosterone levels drop thereby their sexual libido, which is a big reason for all these successes of older men making years and decades of nofap success.

Nofap is a game that favours guys with low T levels heavily as compared to those who have higher levels. A 30 yr old guy who has 'healthy' T levels will he find frequenting ejaculations as necessity as compared to older and even some very young men.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2022
    becomingreat likes this.