1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

First 30 day streak!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by WBradford, Dec 4, 2022.

1. WBradford

WBradford Fapstronaut

I made it 30 intentional days hard mode for the first time today! It was rough. The biggest thing I’ve learned is that its like weight training. You have to build up your strength before you can lift heavy. And if you stop lifting, you lose your gains. When you relapse, start you next streak asap.

For more about how i got this far, see my journal.

2. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

My dream , i also feel the mentality of higher peaks it's been a while , damnnnn man fml i am hornyy 24/7

WBradford likes this.
  3. WBradford

WBradford Fapstronaut

Keep pushing the relapse out as far as you can! When it’s difficult is when you get the most gains. And reflect on WHY your horny. Chances are there are emotional reasons behind it.

from2003 likes this.
  4. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Feel you brother feel you totally but sometimes i forget everything and just fall n the awful trap and stuck extremely.

WBradford likes this.
  5. WBradford

WBradford Fapstronaut

I know exactly what thats like. You get to the point where you don’t think about your reasons to recover, like you forgot, or you just don’t care anymore. You gotta motivate yourself with hours and hours of research. Rewriting your neural pathways is not easy, so you have to know in depth why it’s important. And you gotta realize that relapsing is part of the process. You just have to handle the relapse appropriately. You cant just take a month off. You have to get back on the bike right after you fall off, each and every time.

from2003 likes this.
  6. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Appreciate your words brother what brother tell me one thing since I have started no Feb journey and sadly if I take break or just relapsed so so my mind say to me that now you have to go for long and long journey without masturbation and dopamine so why don't do masturbation as much you can and I stuck with that mentality brother and I continue to do it on 9 times in a row which make me very big brother I am stuck here and I am crying very hardly look now I am on streaks but if my streaks bro I will for sure do and times or 11 times in a row and I don't want to do this thing because it is not good for my health and not for my penis bro can you please have some advice and stuck here brother please please I am so desperate

WBradford, Hatman and MrBlue201 like this.
  7. secure in my frame

secure in my frame Fapstronaut

Congratulations great job keep going I know how difficult it can be stay strong and just refuse to give in for me temptation starts with just one thought therefor I watch my thoughts carefully

WBradford and MrBlue201 like this.
  8. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

This is an awesome thread! Congratulations! Love reading about the success of our fellow members!

WBradford likes this.
  9. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

There are many threads for journals and advice. This is the success forum. You will be ok buddy. Good luck on your personal journey also, that only you can decide.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2022
    WBradford and from2003 like this.
  10. MrBlue201

MrBlue201 Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Congrats man! I like how you seem to never expect it to be easy. Also binging never helps! God bless ya

WBradford likes this.
  11. from2003

from2003 Fapstronaut

Thx

12. sun2shine

sun2shine Fapstronaut

Brother I understand your problem and your ae scared about you future days about the streaks u break first bro try to come out from this fear because this is one which make to not move further and makes you go more down and down just say yourself that ''past is past I cant change the past but I can surely change my future which is my present". The present what you do decides your future so atleast be greatfull that your doing something to improve urself and one more thing if u relapsed why would you think u can do as much as u can if u do more u will go down more and it will still be hard for you to come back on ur streak and ur making urself far from ur better days...
    JUST FOCUS ON YOUR GOLES BROTHER YOU CAN DO IT YOUR THE HERO OF UR LIFE
    WEAKUP BUDYY!!! YOU ARE A REAL HERO JUST WEAK YOUR INTERNAL NO FAPPER AND CHANGE YOUR LIFE AND BE HAPPY AND SUCCESSFULL.... :))
    ALL THE BEST BROTHER YOU CAN DO IT .:emoji_muscle::emoji_muscle:

13. Dogwood

Dogwood Fapstronaut

Congratulations on your success. What symptoms motivated you to quit? What improvements have you seen?

WBradford likes this.
  14. WBradford

WBradford Fapstronaut

The symptoms that motivated me to quit were the effect on my self image, social skills, and self control. Every relapse negatively impacts my mood, my ability to recognize or regulate my emotions and behavior. It even reduces my patience with my daughter and numbs my affection towards her. In the past it even contributed to depression. Another motivating factor is that I'm determined not to date anyone while I'm dealing with this addiction because I don't want it to ever hurt my partner or our intimacy again. Plus, PMO dullens my spiritual receptiveness.

Improvements I've seen include more patience with my daughter, more emotional maturity and consistency, more self control, and a more consistent relationship with Christ. Other significant recovery symptoms I've experienced include hyper sensitivity to sexual arousal, and a distict normalization of not being dependent on PMO.

15. WBradford

WBradford Fapstronaut

The best advice I can give you is to commit to doing lots of research on the effects of PMO, including the neurological effects. Read a book, watch documentaries, read people's recovery journals. The better you understand it, the better you can strategize against it. And be PERSISTENT. You're not going to find a quick fix to this problem, other than straight up castration. You have to forcibly make yourself better. But first you have to learn how and why. All my best advice, tips and tricks, information and experiences are recorded in my journal. There should be a link under my profile picture, but in case you don't see it, here's another: https://forum.nofap.com/index.php?threads/continuous-journal.337104/#post-3426409

Last edited: Jan 16, 2023