1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I don't think I have ever truly lived because of masturbation

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by VHunterD, Oct 12, 2015.

1. VHunterD

VHunterD Fapstronaut

I started when I was 11 I think.

I'm what you would call a bad case. 3-4 times per day and I am 38 now. The few times that I have managed to stop for 3 or 4 days, i have noticed my energy levels have skyrocketed and I was able to talk to people much easier.

I have tremendous social anxiety, and I think masturbation is what did it to me. Can anyone relate? Has anyone been able to stop and were you able to recover your life? I would literally try anything to stop at this point...

fapoholic23 and Gerald like this.
  2. Archenl

Archenl Fapstronaut

Notice and acknowledge that you have an issue and needs to be taken care of. Two, know what you are fighting. Read articles, watch videos on youtube of people who have or had the same problem as you and what they did to fight it. Three, know the dangers of what can happen to you and your body from continuing to masturbate. You are not alone in this. Read other articles of people. Keep yourself busy, create new hobbies, go to the gym, work more, do what you like. And if you ever feel tempted during the day go for a run. And good luck to you my friend.

fapoholic23 and dtoney12 like this.
  3. Gerald

Gerald Guest

I can relate to what I've personally experienced and what you have gone through it can be detrimental and can be a challenge but we have gotten ourselves into the state of addiction, obsession, possession, and lust, filthy traits of animals.
    Everyday we are still gaining an upper hand with the WILL, and the love of all that is, the truth that stands before your eyes, and the sacrifice intended to do this, you have to suffer and die psychologically to attain the innocence you once had and it takes nothing but time and space from your old habits more so your past self whom always is there with you unless you pull the plug and start making more conscious decisions.
    Don't give up for what is still having you want to succeed is not and will never give up on you my friend, help yourself become friends and work things out remember it is your reflection that is your greatest enemy.

Digitalces likes this.
  4. VHunterD

VHunterD Fapstronaut

Thank you so much, you are a brother for taking the time to help me along.

5. Archenl

Archenl Fapstronaut

Any time brother!

6. VHunterD

VHunterD Fapstronaut

"it is your reflection that is your greatest enemy"

wow...great post ty my friend. Actually I agree with everything you said. This psychological death has to happen, but until it does, i won't be able to look at that reflection.

7. sanpellegrino

sanpellegrino Fapstronaut

Hi, I'm in exactly the same boat as you.
    Good luck

8. VHunterD

VHunterD Fapstronaut

I've hit a week. I'm feeling a little more confident and a LOT more optimistic. Realism is starting to set in as my goals are becoming more clear and less of a clusterf**k in my head. I'm starting to feel more energy as well. This is good. really good.

Gerald and getmylifeback91 like this.
  9. getmylifeback91

getmylifeback91 Fapstronaut

Great job @dtoney12!! Keep up the good work!

10. VHunterD

VHunterD Fapstronaut

Thanks Getmylifeback! It's the support that we offer each other that keeps us all moving forward.

getmylifeback91 likes this.