1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips for Healthy Beard Growth?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sondae, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Sondae

Sondae Fapstronaut

I have never really committed to growing out a beard since I am only 18 years old and I do not have hair growing on every part of my face, but I was told that you have to endure an "awkward stage" in order to actually grow it.

It has been maybe two weeks since I have shaved, and I have a pretty bad "pedo-stache" situation going on. I have full coverage on my mustache-area and my neck, but I have very little coverage on the side of my cheeks. There are a few random hairs growing, but not really much of anything else. It is starting to get embarrassing, and I feel unhygienic for letting myself look so unkept. I have also gotten a few negative comments about it.

Should I just keep regularly shaving until hair starts to grow in the empty spots? I feel as if I can only properly grow it out once I have decent coverage.

Also, are there any products I can use to encourage healthy beard growth? I have been told that there are beard oils I can use. Also, do healthy practices such as staying hydrated, having a good diet, and exercising encourage growth?

If you have any answers or advice, let me know!

2. Alcatel1312

Alcatel1312 Fapstronaut

Hey bro, i developed a full beard when i was 18. First you get the mustache, then focus on growing a goatee, and then focus on the sides.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2022
    Sondae likes this.
  3. Supervinesse

Supervinesse Fapstronaut

You can use ricin oil (idk if spelled good). It will grow your beard faster and will nurrish your skin. Also you can use it in your hair with massage, it really helps me to grow my beard and have good skin. The oil will not create new hair but will help thr growth

Sondae likes this.
  4. WalkingForward

WalkingForward Fapstronaut

Your beard might get better with age.

Beard oils makes your beard look better temporarily but I'm quite sure it can't improve beard growth.

I think that how your beard turns out is almost only about genetics. I don't think there is anything you can do, except if you're only 18 you can hope it gets better with age.

I've been a mess, was a vegetarian when I was a kid. I still have a decent beard and a hairy chest. I think body hair is just genetics.

In my opinion, no beard is better than a bad beard. I personally don't like the mustache only look. You might experiment with your beard from stubble to relatively long to see which looks best.

What you can do is let your beard grow wildly for 1-2 months, then trim it to maybe 5 millimeters to even it out. If it still doesn't look good then, I would suggest dropping it, maybe try again a year later.

If you're in good shape and dress well, you can look good with or without a beard. Nobody's perfect and the beard is just one of many aspects.

Sondae likes this.