1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

I have failed again and again and again in the past few days.
    But here I am again to beat the addiction .The first month is going to be the most difficult .
    So I am going to focus on exercising ,studying and meditation

2. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

3. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

Still clean.. checking in

4. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 258
    @breaking-myths you can destroy pmo evils brother believe your self:emoji_muscle:

5. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

8 days
    Low urges yesterday. Worked almost all the day, but went out with a friend a little time.
    Today I worked out and took a semi-cold shower.
    Keep strong my brothers.

Kairose, Baki Hanma, Ūruz and 3 others like this.
  6. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

182 Days Free of PMO

Quick check in today, very tired with poor sleep. Although, still managed a good workout in the early morning and a productive day at work.

Stay Strong!

@kaerhal Yoga is honestly a great combo with weightlifting, it helps with recovery from a hard workout and also helps with mind body connection. Lowers stress too.

@Ashen One Welcome back to the Fellowship! Yes, you are right. What he has done for us is and will always remain a legacy.

@Talz and @breaking-myths You have our support brothers, remember to not give into to that negative/addict voice. Recant the times you went on your longest streaks, utilize what was useful to you then and remember how you felt during that time. Dig deep and harness your why. The fantasy is a lie that keeps us constrained and derailed from the real world.

7. Absence

Absence Fapstronaut

8 days – Gildor Inglorion, an Elf, crosses your path causing a Nazgûl that was chasing you to flee. You stay the night with his company of Elves talking about your struggles with PMO. "Courage is found in unlikely places" he says. He gives you an Hithlain rope, a magical rope, light and flexible, yet extremely strong.

Quest Item – Hithlain rope :emoji_chains:

8. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Doing ok. Shutting down the laptop though, because the sleepier I get, the less will power I have.

9. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

10. CALM IN SUFFERING

CALM IN SUFFERING Fapstronaut

Day 11

I keep forgetting to post. But I am doing fine, just because I am never alone lately. My wife started waking up with me. That's also the reason I don't always post, because she musn't know about this forum.

11. Talz

Talz Fapstronaut

Day 2

More webinars. One of the guys presenting has done nofap for like 7 years, but he gets lots of women so that probably makes it easier.

I need to continue with my cleaning in-between webinars tomorrow and get some maintenance done no matter what.

12. breaking-myths

breaking-myths Fapstronaut

13. Vicegerent

Vicegerent Fapstronaut

I can relate to that. Last year I parted ways with my smartphone as that was the only thing I was using to access P, and my smartphone use, deep in my mind was associated with only gaming and P. And it worked. I had a long long streak. But when I next fell down, it was like a nuclear explosion of pain inside me. And, like my subconscious took that as evidence that I am doomed to fail (that’s not true, however. I can, and I am succeeding). It was almost a year ago, and I still haven’t gotten that long a streak.

Anyways,… wish you all the best.

14. What kind of webinars are you watching

15. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

16. Vicegerent

Vicegerent Fapstronaut

Yesterday, I didn’t get the time to post,… anyways, here I am.

Today has been another good day. So far so good. I think I see something. Before the disaster (and flipty flopping to bing bong is a disaster in nofap) there are clear indications. Subtle, but clear. I’ve realised that the addict sub personality is often sneaky, it takes control of the wheel slowly, slowly. I’ve seen signs like, a congruence between normal, daily life things and P starting to develop. Especially congruence that doesn’t exist. And it can be resolved. But fear doesn’t help, it amplifies the problem. Acknowledging the appearance of these indications (whatever they may be), and resolving to correct your mindset before it’s too late. And it’s never too late before you act out.

A slip up, or relapse, whatever you call it, is primarily internal. It’s first in the mind, then in the physical plane.

Power to all the good there is.

Ūruz, PeaceOnEarth108, Talz and 2 others like this.
  17. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 10.

Went for a walk. Not as fun as yesterday, but it's a must anyway. I promised to not speak much about nofaps, but I feel I have to at least mention that I am tempted strongly to shut down blockers. I have to remember to "do the breathing" and I'll be fine.

Time to start studyings soon. Of course, I don't want to. But when was the last time I really wanted? Goal is to start 5 minutes earlier than yesterday. Stability over perfection.

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 10.
    No caffeine (no coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.).
    Calisthenics workout every Wednesday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day. 7 done.

Kairose, Vicegerent, Ūruz and 4 others like this.
  18. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 259
    Busy day,..quick cheking

Absence, Kairose, Vicegerent and 4 others like this.