1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my alarm clock. It helps me get up on time in the morning. Small thing, but much appreciated nonetheless.
    2. I'm grateful for my leather jacket. It helps keep me warm on frigid days like this.
    3. I'm grateful for having discovered cold showers. I can think of no better way of mastering the art of getting comfortable with discomfort.
    [​IMG]

ronswanson likes this.
  2. RightWolf

RightWolf Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

Finding the NoFap Website
    My slip, because I learned some valuable lessons, instituted some positive changes
    People
    on here who click "like" my posts, since it tells me I'm not alone.

veerya, ronswanson and BushidoWarrior like this.
  3. Benm123

Benm123 New Fapstronaut

I am grateful for having a clearer mind now
    I am grateful that it's a sunny day
    I am grateful for small kindnesses of strangers

BushidoWarrior and ronswanson like this.
  4. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. being alive
    2. holidays in the sun
    3. being healthy and fit

BushidoWarrior and ronswanson like this.
  5. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for my Dad, who is going through an incredibly tough time since losing my Mum, but who has an unbeatable optimism that inspires and moves me
    2. I'm grateful for his friends, who have been a massive support to him since Mum died
    3. I'm grateful for cheap international phone calls, so that it's easy to keep in touch with him, despite his unfamiliarity with Skype

asfixiated, veerya and BushidoWarrior like this.
  6. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my desk. I use it to read my books, play on my computer, write in my diary, etc. Without it, I'd have to keep everything on my lap, and that would be a bloody nuisance.
    2. I'm grateful for my bookshelf. All my books are neatly organised and filed away up there, obviating the need for me to put them under my bed or anything like that.
    3. I'm grateful for yet another beautiful day today. I'm hoping it doesn't get too hot, but I still totally dig this awesome weather!
    [​IMG]

asfixiated and ronswanson like this.
  7. rainingrn

rainingrn Guest

1. I'm grateful that my parents can afford to send me to tutoring so that I can get help with things I struggle at.
    2. I'm grateful for the books which I have and can read
    3. I'm grateful that I can read

8. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. happy times in my childhood
    2. the opportunity nofap has given me
    3. today will be a great day

9. veerya

veerya Fapstronaut

For the peace and serenity of morning prayer yoga and meditation
    For the food I had for breakfast
    For the unconditional loving kindness of my mother

10. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

i am grateful for the food my mother makes that i carry to office for lunch.
    i am grateful for being able to read and write, i read while traveling.
    i am grateful for a healthy body.

BushidoWarrior, veerya and ronswanson like this.
  11. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for the NoFap Academy, which is helping me find some clarity when I'm struggling
    2. I'm grateful for central heating, as it has suddenly got EXTREMELY COLD where I live
    3. I'm grateful that I realised that "luck" was nothing more than a willingness to grasp opportunities

BushidoWarrior likes this.
  12. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for rubbish bins. Thanks to them, waste aggregates in neat piles around the house. I don't like the idea of having waste strewn messily everywhere. You might say that it's weird to be grateful for them. If that's the case I implore you to imagine what would happen if all the world's rubbish bins disappeared for a week.
    2. I'm grateful for my toothbrush. Having a toothbrush means having clean teeth that don't rot and look yellow and disgusting. Toothbrushes haven't been around forever, so I'm very happy to live in an age in which they are commonplace.
    3. I'm grateful for my family over in the UK. I don't see them that often, but I am always very glad when I do. They are awesome and funny and don't take life too seriously. Great relatives!
    [​IMG]

13. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

I am grateful for...

1. My coworkers, who are all kind, understanding and helpful.
    2. My family, that loves me, supports me and keeps in touch frequently.
    3. My job which, while not perfect, has given me the opportunity to learn and grow.

14. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

I am thankful for
    1. Having a family that loves and cares for one another.
    2. Not having anything worse than ADD and a minor case of tourettes. I could be blind, deaf, autistic, have cancer, heptitis, erm..ebola...
    3. I'm glad that it's a safe place and I don't live in "the hood" or worse yet, a third world country.

15. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for my morning coffee.
    2. I am grateful for my comfy bed.
    3. I am grateful for the nice view I have from my balcony.

16. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

1. I am thankful for not missing any parts of my body (arms, legs, fingers..toes......ears.........genitals)
    2. I am grateful for my TV and Netflix and that I have a family that can pay for those things.
    3. I am grateful that I was born in 2000 and not like..any time before the 80s. I could've been living during the 200s, 1400s, 1800s, or B.C without electricity or any of the other neat stuff we have today.

17. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for roads. Yes, roads. Fuck having to drive cars in the dirt all the time. That would be annoying as hell.
    2. I'm grateful for stand-up comedy. There is nothing like watching a good stand up comedian late at night.
    3. I'm grateful for hope. Hope is one of my favourite emotions. The ironclad expectation that things will improve allows one to endure the darkest moments.

asfixiated likes this.
  18. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that it's Saaaatttuuuuurrrdddaaayyyy!!!!
    2. I am grateful that I have the time and money to go to the grocery store and buy some healthy food today.
    3. I am grateful to have found the NoFap Forums, as they give me a place to talk to others about my problems.

19. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. the ability to bounce back after set backs
    2. the glimpses I see of a wonderful world
    3. the good in humanity

20. getmylifeback91

getmylifeback91 Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful @BingeArousalAddict for setting up this wonderful thread. Thank you bro for reminding us to take time off and appreciate what we have.

2. I am grateful for my parents. My father works hard every day, going off early and coming back late at night just to bring home the bacon to support the kids, doing so without complaint day in and day out. And my dear mother who cooks the most delicious home cooked food and nags at us because she cares. I thank God/universe for them.

3. I am grateful to be raised in a country that is safe and where people's rights are defended, where we have opportunities to 'chase' our dreams whereas other people are struggling to even make ends meet or put food on the table. It reminds me of the importance of helping those who are not as fortunate as us, and i hope that i'll not talk too much but actually take action to do something.