1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Being Shallow Gets You Woman?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Jan 14, 2023.

1. she-dernatinus

she-dernatinus Fapstronaut

It's really physical charm that enables him to use such tactics. It would be hard to use those methods of manipulation if he didn't have the looks card, this is what really makes women with low self-esteem desire him and cling to him. Because they feel really attracted to him, they tend to tolerate this.

Brain-Police likes this.
  2. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

I'll bet that he was being rejected left right and centre. All men are. But he had the balls to keep going. PUA shit? It only 'works' because you keep trying, you keep asking, until someone falls for it.

Is it shallow to not care when you lay your heart on the line for a girl and get turned down? Maybe. Maybe it's shallow to develop feelings for a girl when you haven't even swallowed your pride and asked her out yet.

3. AbTheAb

AbTheAb Fapstronaut

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, but it seems what you imply in your posts, is that women are like men and both are after looks. If that's the case then I beg to differ!

To get back to Bikram Choudhury example (For those new, he was a charlatan with a Beverly Hills yoga class who had nothing going for him except his class, some sort of cult guru whom all the young women craved)

If Bikram had no yoga class, and had a normal day job, not a single woman would consider him.
    The few men in Bikram's classes on the other hand, were all considered low quality by the women, no one looked at them, all the women wanted Bikram because he was the leader and not because he had any looks.

If you took one of those other men in his class and gave him Bikram's leadership position, regardless of his looks, he would instantly become desired!! It's not all about looks with women. Looks help but they are not everything for a woman. If you have ever been in Bali and been to any yoga class you would notice the exact same trend. This is the same reason why short ugly kings would still be desired by all women and why cult leaders sleep with all the women in his following, it's the position and not the charms.

Now, how do men differ in contrast to women?
    Reverse it, make a woman the yoga instructor, the men in the class give absolutely no importance whatsoever that the woman is the instructor (i.e. leader), the men would always crave the most beautiful woman regardless of her position or status, it's all about looks for men.

KevinesKay likes this.
  4. she-dernatinus

As a woman I can tell you that sometimes we go after looks. You can go and look at the manhwa readers, and how the male characters are designed to be appealing.

When it comes to the topic of social status, I completely agree that it plays a significant role in people's actions. The allure of climbing the ranks and achieving a higher status within a community is a powerful motivator, and not just for women. The desire to pursue someone who is considered to be of a higher status can stem from a yearning to elevate one's own status and potentially gain access to the influence and power that comes with it.

To further explain this, we might look at the case of some powerful female historical figures: for example Catherine the Great of Russia. She had several notable relationships with men, who were from a lower status than her, and were almost always younger than her. And all these men benefitted from their relationships with Catherine by having their social and political status elevated.

All the men who went after Catherine were nobles themselves, and had the option of going after younger, prettier women, as Catherine the Great herself wasn't some eye-catching attractive lady, she was average looking. However, because the relationships were politically rewarding, these gentlemen went after her anyways.

As a sidenote, cases where women in a relationship with high-status partners and still cheat on them with lower-status partners are not unheard of. And one of the factors contributing to that is lust.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2023
  5. SethLCU

SethLCU Fapstronaut

Your answers show just how much “high quality man” is a subjective concept, here you are saying that intellectuals are more high quality men than a dude whose only asset is his workout(although he does provide workout sessions to other that is why they pay him) because he lacks in qualities such as manhood bravery and accomplishments. But just because you are an intellectual does not mean you are better accomplished than a gym coach who might be making millions while some intellectual is stuck at a dead end job with poor pay. A guy like Muhammad Ali for example was worth millions despite his only asset being his ability to fight but he did provide entertainment and inspiration for many and that made him valuable to them. A scientist or engineer just like him merely provide a service, in their case giving something to people to make their life easier and require less effort. This alone is not gonna make them fall over for him, why would she care that he knows how to design an engine or what an atom is made of? But those of them that are very accomplished certainly do not lack for female attention.

But this kind of of thinking is very prevalent in asia, particularly in east asia and the indian subcontinent, there science education is held up as an object of worship and can define your social status.

Intellectuals also definitely are not what one think of when you speak of manhood, most of them are very much averse to physical effort or any act of bravery. Someone whose only asset is his workout would have no trouble at all dominating them physically. You have to consider that for most of human existence marriage* were not arranged, women chose their mate, if men today are the way they are it is because they are descendants from those who managed to attract the attention of females and pass down their genes.

Now your analogy between yoga class instructor and king/cult leader does not work at all; A short ugly king is desired because there is real material gain to be his mistress, wether it is just a fling or long term you know you are going to receive a lot of gifts/money from him, this is not the same thing as a yoga instructor that is paid by you. A king’s mistress were mostly women under his own service or else noble wives pimped out by their husband in exchange for favors. Those who took it further knew very well having too many women would cause them to look elsewhere so they locked them up in harems guarded by eunuchs, even today this is still a risk for rich old dude marrying very young bride, they have to constantly be on the lookout as these women naturally gravitate toward good looking or charismatic/interesting young males. King’s moreover frequently were said to be semi-divine and women monarchs or their daughters receiving just as much interest, look at Catherine the great for example.

Cult leaders function essentially the same way as harem kings, they prefer to have relatively few men(dominated by them) compared to women and these women are not free to leave if they want to, they are under the leader domination be it physical or psychological.

There can be many reason why these rich bored housewives or young women liked this one instructor, it could simply be exoticism, they are in an area where everyone is rich and well educated, many out of shape so this young fitness instructor is naturally going to draw the eye. This doesn’t mean they will leave their husband or marry this fitness instructor however. Look at gym clubs where both gender are equally represented or close enough, do every women simp for the coach? what about school teachers or principals? These are in as much a position of leadership as him.

It is kind of like how soldiers and especially sailors get so many women when they are deployed, and I believe the same is also true for women.

she-dernatinus likes this.
  6. she-dernatinus

Even that won't stop them from looking elsewhere, they could still have non-penetrative sex acts with eunuchs and there would likely be instances where they did.

But I get your point, it's undeniable that women married to powerful men would sometimes cheat on their high-status partners with men from a much lower status, such as close servants, or bodyguards and one of the reasons why is sexual desire and quest for novelty. That's a very known fact across history.

7. That's a great example using
    Catherine the Great. When leaders being attractive was mentioned I thought of her. What a lady. Had a man kill her useless husband for her and then sent him to take St Petersburg region in her name.

I do think women are naturally attracted to men that are good leaders, look at the amount of women drooling over Zelenkski in Ukraine for example.

And just to clarify, I think women like looks just as much as men. It's how good looking guys can get away with things that would otherwise be considered creepy by women. That is something less attractive guys complain about, so should be evidence to them that women can lust after men same as they do to women.

And men like female leaders too. The main voter base for female politicians in Europe is from male voters. Not sure what this is like outside Europe. I remember watching a France 24 news bit in how politicians are dressing to impress the opposite sex because that's where their votes will be coming from.

8. she-dernatinus

I personally never heard about this. But I wouldn't be surprised that politicians try using their physical charms to gain more popularity and extend their voting base.

9. Look at some of the far right women that got elected in Europe with little effort on their part. One in Denmark, can't remember her name but she looked like an Instagram model. I recently looked at a documentary on the far right in Poland. A pretty young woman joined a neo-nazi type group and the leadership automaticly decided she would be great in politics. (She finished nowhere) but that is the thinking.

On a side note, I remember when the IRA were recruiting. The PR pics included women with guns in order to romanticise the war, I guess to encourage men and women alike to join. Ukraine are using similar tactics now with handsome men and pretty women. To encouraging outside support for them.

Brain-Police likes this.