1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you like your job?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Frank86, Jan 17, 2023.

1. Frank86

Frank86 New Fapstronaut

It's just that I now work at a job that absolutely disgusts me. But I'm afraid to quit because it is not certain that I will be able to find a new job. That's what I want to know if anyone has a similar situation.

2. black_coyote

black_coyote Fapstronaut

Fear has kept you from breaking the painful but comfortable shell of familiarity. But there is also a gnawing sense of discontent that recognizes the fear. You can live the life of quiet desperation, as many people does...or you can make a choice to deal with whatever that's causing you suffering.

You're not alone. I'm here burning the bridges with a fire extinguisher in the other hand.

Frank86 and Brain-Police like this.
  3. What holds you from first finding a new job before quitting the current job?

4. Mack Truck

Mack Truck Fapstronaut

I hate my job, and I have little hope of finding another, but I'm three-quarters of the way toward quitting anyway.

@black_coyote Yeah, Fear has kept me from breaking out. My old friend Fear. I got tired of having to set fire to everything just to break out, but I guess it's the only way for me. :D

Brain-Police likes this.
  5. Which line of work are you in?

I happen to work as a bus operator for a public transit agency. While the pay is top notch in addition to the benefits, union protection, and relative job security, dealing with the public and all of the savagery that happens on-board my bus, it definitely tests my nerves and patience to the absolute limit.

RobbyGo36, fickle76 and Brain-Police like this.
  6. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I could do with more money

7. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

I support the mission of my job while not necessarily enjoying all aspects of it.
    I'm on a break from "real" work because I'm going to school.
    But in healthcare, the goal is to help people. I accomplish that and so I enjoy the job. But there is nothing fun of working short-staffed.

Why does your job disgust you?

8. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

Yes. My entire life revolves around my job. I love nothing more than working, I do the best job in the universe

Revanthegrey and Brain-Police like this.

9. I'm not happy with my job at all right now I have to ride it out for two more consecutive days. Then I'll be on the over night shift which I will be with people that actually respect and say thank you for my job being done. During the day's I don't even get a thank you especially being by myself for some days. It's just a question " Are you by your self today?" I sarcastically say yes I am. Customer's are another story... Rude, Not aware of surroundings, just plain self centered. Some are nice and quite which I respect greatly. It's a treat though when I have a nice conversation from a random stranger I don't even know then a manger that doesn't even acknowledge you.

Frank86 and Brain-Police like this.
  10. Brain-Police

Brain-Police Fapstronaut

My job is tolerable and even fun because I have a great and enthusiastic and understand manager, but if it wasn't for her, I'd absolutely loathe it. It's mundane, thankless, soul-grinding, mind-numbing with no reward outside an above-min.-wage paycheck. It's not horrible, but it is meaningless.

Kierann, Mr. Monk and Toni7 like this.
  11. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I don't like my job. I have such a higher expecation of my life. I hate waking up for it. It very hard and stressing job. But one thing for me is that I like free time so much. So no matter witch job I woulden't be satesfied. I would like to be in sports and train. Be an athlete. And I feel like job is killing me. And it does. I'm on it from 7 am to 5pm. Most of the time. And then I have another witch is trainer. It is much better job. But to much time. No time for myself. I would like to work that but not right now. But basicly this job is touch for a man to handle. It is just work home sleep. No social life no training no nothing. And I'm always tired..

12. You should try making work out videos on the day's you got off. Allot of people are getting a ton of views for custom made workouts.

Brain-Police and Toni7 like this.
  13. Toni7

Toni7 Fapstronaut

I would first like to accomplish something in sports maybe that I could do after. I'm nor relly social media guy hah.

Kierann, Mr. Monk and Brain-Police like this.
  14. I work as a clerk right now while attending school. Although being a clerk is rough at times I am grateful that my job is enough to pay my bills for now at least. Also, it seems like a decent place to start off before advancing in life. Afterall, we do have to start somewhere don't we?

15. DiegoSR

DiegoSR Fapstronaut

I like my job... but it doesn't satisfy me anymore. Now it's 6 years i work there!
    I mean, the paycheck is above average, i enjoy my colleagues, i have the respect of more than 100+ workers due to my position and i like that. But at the end of the day it's like if i wasted my time in front of a screen all day
    What I do as a volunteer for example, on the ambulance, in contrast that's much more challenging and satisfying

By the way, my friend just left his job for another. He waited to leave his job just to wait the opportunity, then he left. You can do the same! Moreover, i believe that if you look for a job when you still work for someone esle, it's different than looking for a new job as unemployed

16. WeigelP

WeigelP New Fapstronaut

I like my job. But it doesn't bring me very much money right now. I work as a graphic designer and have just started my career. I'm studying in college and working at the same time. My job is to find beautiful pictures and adapt them for our clients. Clients order to create a variety of memes or gifs

Brain-Police and DiegoSR like this.
  17. Evig Faith

Evig Faith Fapstronaut

My job? Aye!

But my industry? … Err…

I work in journalism. It’s a field that I have a love-hate relationship with. We have too many propagandists disguised as journalists (I’m not a Trump fan, and I’ll never be, but he was at least correct about “Fake News Media” existing). Too many people who aren’t interested in doing research. Too arrogant and elitist of people who downplay the suffering that poor and working class people go through. Too many paparazzi participants who destroy the lives of the rich, famous, and newsworthy. Too many people who take Facebook and www .randomwebsite.bullshit as legitimate sources. And for some: too many threats against them that they can’t even enter an embassy without getting butchered.

But I love starting conversations, holding governments and elected officials accountable, and magnifying someone’s voice. Media is a powerful tool that could make or break a society.

18. I pretty much have disliked any job I’ve ever had.

My current job, yea I don’t really like it. I despise working full time. I’m not a lazy worker, but deep down I have a vicious hatred of losing so much hours of my life at a job

19. Frank86

Frank86 New Fapstronaut

I don't even know, I don't have time to look for a new job since my job takes up almost all my time.

20. parkurman123

parkurman123 Fapstronaut

I have a below average salary, but I live comfortably and I am not in debt or under stress, but I still need to move.
    Especially now with my new certificate

sam30 likes this.