1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friend's!

8 Day Free of PMO

Quick check in.

Stay strong!

@monkeyDluffy16 Welcome!

8 days – Gildor Inglorion, an Elf, crosses your path causing a Nazgûl that was chasing you to flee. You stay the night with his company of Elves talking about your struggles with PMO. "Courage is found in unlikely places" he says. He gives you an Hithlain rope, a magical rope, light and flexible, yet extremely strong.

Quest Item – Hithlain rope :emoji_chains:

2. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 26

I’ve been feeling incredibly low these past few days. I decided to take a day away from college to rest and I do feel a great deal better, but I’m still identifying the root cause of what’s going on.

Urges were a problem while at home, but after watching The Whale I’ve found a new perspective on fighting addiction - I’d definitely recommend watching it!

3. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

4. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

5. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

6. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Thanks, bro, for strengthening word. You are right, relapse is never worth it. I hope I won't forget that.

7. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 15.

Survived yesterday. I am still not much enthusiastic, but I think I am ok. I cannot expect to be enthusiastic all the time. Sometimes it's just a boring grind.

Went for a walk as usual and to church for short prayer. It snowed here last night, but it's melting again. It's ok. Mild winter is nice too.

K_snow.jpg

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 15.
    No caffeine (no coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.).
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day. 9 done.

8. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

9. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Checking in Fellowship Friends!

9 Day Free of PMO

Many decisions to be made over the coming days, although I am feeling calm overall. I will have to spend some time this weekend to think things through in meditation. I did have some outbreaks of stress, but not unmanageable and faced it properly. The decisions I take over the next months may have quite the impact on my career.

Today I would like to mention a few words about comparisons. Brothers, do not compare yourself to those who may seemingly be ahead, rather aim to learn from what brought that far in said field. If you spend your days comparing yourself to another, you will ALWAYS find someone who is better than you in a particular field. To bring it back to nofap, say you are someone who relapses every 4 days and that is currently your baseline and you compare yourself to someone who continuously has 60, 90 120 day streaks, you may start to attack yourself wondering why you can't achieve those numbers. The healthier mentality is to learn and ask questions from this person, take what is useful to you and improve you streaks. Measure your progress only by who you are today, in comparison to who you were yesterday.

I'll catch you all on Sunday.

Stay Strong!

@kaerhal Thank you for the recommendation, I'll check it out once I have some time. Glad you are feeling better overall, actively spend time trying to find those roots, but also give your mind a break. It's a long and difficult process to find those, you're on the right path.

Toni7, nerdy_owl, theonlyway and 6 others like this.
  10. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 15. II.

Long day. Because of my stupidity. Procrastinated a lot in the evening. Still did the things that I promised. I felt that I had to.

Also did the calisthenics. Tomorrow we'll celebrate my brother's birthday, so I won't be able to.

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 15.
    No caffeine (no coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.).
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day. 10 done.

11. kaerhal

kaerhal Fapstronaut

Day 27

Today was probably the closest I’ve come to relapsing. I’m trying to rest at home, but not leaving the house tends to bore me, which then leading to urges developing. I had a couple of moments where I felt I could be a split second from relapsing, but this kind of gut feeling would always pull me away.

I managed to spend time with my girlfriend this evening which was a great way to keep my mind occupied, now looking forward to a day trip with her when I wake up!

12. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

13. Lou Bloom

Lou Bloom Fapstronaut

14. NewLifeForGood86

NewLifeForGood86 Fapstronaut

15. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

16. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Great information

17. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Beautiful number brother

18. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 276!
    Start to go gym again:)

19. Robah2111

Robah2111 Fapstronaut

20. belio123

belio123 Fapstronaut

Checking in for day 9. Ever since i stopped coming to this forum regularly I've made both progress and regression. I find it easier to start streaks (even if they don't last more then 20 days) and as such I've been PMO'ing less regularly on a general basis. Unfortunately though the content that I've been using has gotten worst in my opinion and as such I felt the need to come back here to better fight this new trend. I'm hoping the added bost in motivation from being part of a community will help me get better.