1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

5 minute personal record cold shower!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by fapequalsdeath, Oct 16, 2015.

1. fapequalsdeath

fapequalsdeath Fapstronaut

It was freezing cold, the first minute I got the natural shock but I kept shouting and grinding my teeth until it passed away. Slowly the minutes progressed and I stopped feeling my skin. My body was shaking so hard that I though I was gonna collapse. But I did it and felt more alive than ever before. If you take such torture in a day, what else could possibly stop you? NOTHING! I encourage everyone to do so even if they feel they'll die, because the only way to give birth to your new character is to stand up to your fears and test your willpower! I certainly hope this new habit will outweigh my bad habits.

2. TheInsideMan

TheInsideMan Fapstronaut

Cold showers are no torture, they are my definition of life and will become your you'll see:) Next time man up and don't shout :D

spekkies likes this.
  3. fapequalsdeath

Well, shouting is a form of expression and self motivation for me, not an act of unmanlyness. But I get what you mean, cold showers ain't torture - but necessary blessing!

TheInsideMan likes this.
  4. OceanMotion

OceanMotion Fapstronaut

Hi, well one could say that it was just a cold shower and your description would fit more to enduring 2 hours of waterboarding.
    But personally i can understand you from my own experiences with first cold showers.
    I shower very short Hot/Cold every morning, and then short Cold over day when i am coming home from uni or when i need to refresh.

So keep going for it buddy :)

5. you have motivated me to quit being so wimpy and give it a try!!!

spekkies likes this.
  6. IamtheLiquorJD

IamtheLiquorJD Fapstronaut

Okay just read this and I always heard of people taking cold showers never really knew why. I've been having trouble being PMO free, how do cold showers help? Just took a cold shower for 5 min, WHY? I couldn't breath for the first two minutes. How did that help me?

7. I wondered that to...for years...and I just did it for the first time...WWOOOOWW AMAZING!!!! I felt like A NEW MAN!!!! it's almost magical. my brain fog went away, an my blue balls went away.

8. L Coroneos

L Coroneos Fapstronaut

Cold showers:

- increase your ability to breathe deeply and fully
    - tone up your skin
    - improve circulation
    - do wonders for your hair
    - (are said to) burn fat
    - increase alertness
    - ease stress
    - relieve depression
    - make you more MANLY so you can succeed at your NoFap challenge!

OceanMotion likes this.
  9. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

even i did cold shower today n yesterday. i was hurling abuses at the wall ahead. it was a nice to be in the cold water. also saved the electricity bill of not heating the water.

10. fapequalsdeath

Hehe, yeah shouting does seem to help, feels like you are fighting and getting an adrenaline rush, however it's not recommended when someone's asleep in the house. I've also noticed that switching the place where the water from the shower hits you is also helpful, turning around etc. That way you get more equal distribution of "cold", instead just your back or head. You guys might also try "hydrotherapy". It's very good for blood circulation and metabolism. You basically take a cold shower for 1 minute and then swap to hot water. You repeat this 5 times for example. The idea behind it is that cold water makes the skin and muscles contract, while hot does the opposite. This way your body pumps the blood way more fast and efficiently. This year I went on a summer holiday and did this only with a 40 degree mineral spring jacuzzi and a cold shower. 1 minute in, get out cold shower and repeat. I do not recommend this to people with weak hearts though, especially if your body hasn't gotten used to cold showers. However if you can't handle cold showers for long time it's a great alternative!

OceanMotion likes this.
  11. OceanMotion

OceanMotion Fapstronaut

Did 1 min arctic showers for a few days every morning after reading your post.
    Generally i shower 2minutes hot and wash my hair, then i switch to cold and count slowly to sixty.
    Im doing the turning around aswell not to get frostburn on single spots :D.

I always feel really energized and comfident afterwards, i add this as a morning routine to my streak-goal :)

Let the cold flow!

12. ptolemy61

ptolemy61 Fapstronaut

I haven't had a hot shower in almost 6 weeks. There's. I going back I do it every night. At first it's cold and shocking but you get used to it really fast. I take my usual 7-10 minute shower then I'm out. I sleep like a baby. It's a fantastic way also to not be sore after a tough workout. I run and lift and my theory is the tense muscles push out all the lactic acid. Not to mention... It's super manly!

OceanMotion likes this.