1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel So Depressed Because Everyone Ignores Me

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Massimo2002, Jan 30, 2023.

1. Massimo2002

Massimo2002 Fapstronaut

Even On The Internet People Are Ignoring My Posts And Chats This Makes Me Feel Terribly Sad. I Have No Friends To Hang Out With At All In Real Life. I Just Keep Fading Away Into The Background People Don't Notice Me.

smalldboy7 and livinginhell like this.
  2. recoome

recoome Fapstronaut

Friends are overrated. They are just acquaintances.

I guess you dont have a strong bond with your siblings. me too... :(

3. Davyfreedom

Davyfreedom Fapstronaut

I recently moved to a new town this winter. Do not move during the winter. Everyone is grouchy and indoors all day. It's been painful trying to make new friends here, but I'm still going out to bars, and talking to the locals. At some point you just don't care what they think of you. You just say hi and they say hi.

4. Mob Barley

Mob Barley Fapstronaut

Try to not be so depressing around people, make jokes & share a laugh.

5. Dude it's a tip. I used to feel this way around people and I learned to do what Barley just said a long time ago and it's enriched my life a bit. This guy needs help not negativity on his post.

Mob Barley likes this.
  6. SilentWolfSong

SilentWolfSong Fapstronaut

What kind of job do you have?

7. What I can suggest is don't take it so deeply. If people truly care they will message you back and reply to your statuses.

I know it sucks but the most well liked people get over 100 comments or likes and I've seen it happen. Unlike me where I get little to 5 for a update. I really truly don't understand it. But that's the trend on social media platforms. If you live your best life people will respond to you or gravitate towards you.

lonerdxddy likes this.
  8. This might be dumb, but I think it's all about expectations.

If I "need" people and go out and try really hard, they usually get elusive.

If I just decide that I'm cool, that I'm a good guy, and I'm going to have fun,
    regardless of what others think or do, then I will be that.

People can react how they react. What do I care? I will have fun when I want to have fun.

They can cling on to themselves or lose themselves in the lose myself to save myself
    fun party wacky-mobile...

Frankly, I'm happy here, with you guys. I enjoy watching you guys make this change and become warriors.

Because, I love you, man....(watery eyes, hard gulp)

Did you get it, Mr. Demille? My close up?????????

lonerdxddy likes this.
  9. He has a point to an extent. No one likes being around someone who ruins the mood, human being naturally are drawn to things that make them feel good.

lonerdxddy and Sky Captain like this.
  10. It's them poster saying that the advice is useless not someone else. He seems to be a toxic person and than he wonders why he can't find friends.

11. This is the main problem I have with everyone I was friends with or currently. I completely understand this.

12. Yeah, so after some years of this, I just pulled back. Here on NoFap, I like to be available and talk to people. Because you guys have something in common with me, which is either a need to break PMO, or overall life improvement.

But IRL, no I don't chase people. They either contact me, or they don't. I don't care.

lonerdxddy and Mr. Monk like this.
  13. BenjaminWalker736

BenjaminWalker736 Fapstronaut

Join something where you feel appreciated by other people. Happiness doesn’t come from being a hermit and avoiding people. Humans are meant to seek connection with other people, humans are not meant to hide in the bedroom where no one can see you. Your seeking validation from strangers who don’t know you or are too busy to care about you.

lonerdxddy likes this.