1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

***The Gratitude Attitude Challenge***

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by BushidoWarrior, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

Thank you for challenging me on this. I don't truly believe this, but I do sometimes have to remind myself of that fact! To explain why I wrote it: there are times when I'm focussing on my struggles so much, and she is being so awesome about them, that I feel like my struggles aren't worthy of such an amazing response. But I also know that I can be amazing at dealing with her struggles, and that she really values me in exactly the same way, and during those times she also feels that she doesn't deserve me. So it's clearly ridiculous to say that we don't deserve each other - we do!

1. I'm grateful for Pradeep. Thank you Pradeep.
    2. Again, I'm grateful for this forum. I've learned, time and time again, that I have to be very careful where I look because there is a lot of darkness and ignorance here. But there are also some truly exceptional human beings here, and together we are going to overcome this. And the forum has enabled that to happen.
    3. I'm grateful for how many people have started taking part in this thread! It's really good to read all your gratitude.

BushidoWarrior and BlooeyGlooey like this.
  2. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I just got through a weekend of NoFap for the first time ever (woohoo!).
    2. I'm grateful for my delicious and healthy breakfast this morning.
    3. I'm grateful that I got enough sleep last night, even though I was restless and had trouble falling asleep at first (not actually due to urges, but because my day yesterday was so freaking awesome)

3. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

Hello, Thanks for mentioning my name.. I don't know how to react to this.
    I see you as a man of no pretense, just straight to the point..open and available. Not many posses this quality.
    I took a long time to understand your explanation, I read and re-read the sentence many times. I infer different meanings every time. Anyways, I/we am/are happy to know that you and your fiance deserve each others :)

BushidoWarrior and ronswanson like this.
  4. BushidoWarrior

BushidoWarrior Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful that I can read. Reading is so unbelievably useful that it's not funny. There are so many things in life that become 1000x harder if you lack reading abilities.
    2. I'm grateful for internet banking. Because there have been many times in the past when I've found myself in a very tight spot money-wise. And internet banking allowed me to loan money off others and have it transferred to my account very quickly. This beats having to wait for a cheque to arrive in the mail.
    3. I'm grateful for free wifi. It's awesome!

ronswanson, Phunkie and Pradeep like this.
  5. RightWolf

RightWolf Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:
    This forum
    Postal service

NoFap Panic Button

6. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful for having time to sleep and while I probably should be doing more work, I don't have to work literally 24/7.
    2. I am grateful that we can do so many more things after nofap and that we don't all have to have the life drained out of us.
    3. I am grateful for printers and that we can just print something out instead of having to draw/write it or something.

7. Phunkie

Phunkie Fapstronaut

I am grateful today for:

1. Working out!! Cardio and weight-lifting really do make me feel really strong and attractive.
    2. My teeth. Imagine all the food I wouldn't be able to eat!
    3. Jesus! My faith in him keeps me going in all areas of my life, even when I really want to give up.

8. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

I am grateful for:
    1) Flair for music and other art forms.
    2) Warm meal in the Canteen today morning :)
    3) My project partner who supported in completing the project and understanding my inabilities.

BushidoWarrior and asfixiated like this.
  9. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful that I was able to cook for lunch yesterday, and that it came out well!
    2. I am grateful to myself for going to the gym last night, despite not feeling completely motivated. (Nailed my deadlift! Woo!)
    3. I am grateful that I'm getting so much support on these forums :)!

BushidoWarrior and Pradeep like this.
  10. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my new motivational accountability Skype group. I have trouble staying inspired and on track sometimes, as I tend to procrastinate and get distracted. That changed when I discovered this group of people on Skype who share my difficulties. We study together by doing shared pomodoros via videochat and holding one another accountable.
    2. I'm grateful for freedom of movement. This is a right enshrined in the UN Charter, and a right that I enjoy. I am not stuck in a prison; I am not under house arrest; and I am allowed to leave the country if I want to. Not everyone in the world can say the same thing.
    3. I'm grateful for Wunderlist. It is a nice to-do app that helps me organise my tasks, set deadlines, prioritize, etc. It's got an aesthetically appealing design to boot. Plus, it's free!

asfixiated and Pradeep like this.
  11. HopeFaith

HopeFaith Fapstronaut

I am grateful for my health for everyday is my new chance
    I am grateful for my daughter for she taught me how to love and not be afraid
    I am grateful for this website as I can free myself

12. BlooeyGlooey

BlooeyGlooey Fapstronaut

I am thankful for:
    1. My braces; that I have a family that I can afford them, and that I have them on while I'm 15 and not older.
    2. Internet connection. It's centurylink, but at least I'm in the U.S and not some other country with like, 2 mbps.
    3. I don't have any allergies afaik.

13. RightWolf

RightWolf Fapstronaut

Grateful for:
    My body's amazing ability to bounce back physically, (after a binge)
    Relationship with mother (good now, was not always)
    My height...was only 5'6" at age 15..now 6' 1"..late bloomer

14. Phunkie

Phunkie Fapstronaut

I am grateful today for:

1. Flowers! I love roses and sunflowers so much. I could stare at a whole field of them all day.
    2. Hope there's no judgment here, but I'm thankful for marijuana. Love smoking a little after a busy day to wind down.
    3. Cardio! Nothing like a good cardio to pump up your heartbeat and sweat a little!

15. Just Pray

Just Pray Fapstronaut

My first post so I'll start with the most important things:

1. First and foremost I'm grateful that God blessed me and made me Muslim

2. I'm grateful for my health - two eyes, two ears, a sound mind, everything in working order

3. I'm grateful for my family, especially my parents who raised me so well

16. Pradeep

Pradeep Guest

I am grateful :
    1) That I am able to forgive and forget many events (good and bad) in my life, which gives room for many others new once.
    2) for my healthy body and mind, which many in the world are deprived of.
    3) for my cooking abilities and being creative every time :)

17. g2stop

g2stop Fapstronaut

I am grateful for:

1. The increasing feeling of self worth
    2. The improvement in my skin
    3. Having loving friends and family

18. asfixiated

asfixiated Fapstronaut

1. I am grateful to myself for having beaten my previous NoFap best of 5 days as of yesterday! (But that actually doesn't matter because this time I know I've beaten the habit for good).
    2. I am grateful for my new coffee thermos - it was nice to have an extra boost at work yesterday :)!
    3. I am grateful to myself for practicing once a day for a few minutes these past 5 days. (I'm learning! Woo!)

BushidoWarrior and Pradeep like this.
  19. ronswanson

ronswanson Fapstronaut

1. I'm grateful for this stunning bit of piano music I just discovered:

2. I'm grateful for the delicious dinner my fiance cooked me
    3. I'm grateful for getting through another day without PMO

20. BushidoWarrior

1. I'm grateful for my FitBit. It counts my steps, tracks my sleep, syncs with my Kindle and laptop, and has an awesome food diary to boot.
    2. I'm grateful for my guitars. I haven't played them in a little while, but it's nice I can pick them up and have a strum anytime I want.
    3. I'm grateful for my heart. It pumps blood around my body, keeps me alive, and demands very little in return.

ronswanson and Pradeep like this.