1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In.

Again survived a huge wave of urges . All is fine.

Alex_Al, Bernard O., artifact and 2 others like this.
  2. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

There are tons of people right now in this group following your example, and putting up huge streaks. Keep leading the charge dude!

Alex_Al, flyswat, artifact and 5 others like this.
  3. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

thanks for the encouragement, dude!

Alex_Al, goingforit and born3 like this.
  4. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

This is motivating, thank you.

Alex_Al, artifact and koalaone like this.
  5. x_Nocturnalis_x

x_Nocturnalis_x Fapstronaut

6. goingforit

goingforit Fapstronaut

I'm going to make one more note on this because I was thinking about it yesterday. I've been through these phases where you are taking a hard look at yourself and having other people take a look at you too and give feedback. It is a lot of work and can be exhausting.

David Thoreau in Walden says: "The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." That pretty much sums it up:) I think the only way to avoid this fate is by doing some hard examinations of yourself and making corrections. It's no easy task. Thanks for the reminder of the work that needs to be done.

7. @born3 - Congratulations on your great achievement of 60 days! You have received the 60 Day Heavy Lifter Award. :emoji_lifter::cool:

Alex_Al and born3 like this.
  8. Steveal3aneef1

Steveal3aneef1 Fapstronaut

9. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. It is good to get to 60 days. I once got to 29 and once to 30 some years ago but I was white knuckling the whole way. This time is very different though, I am not just abstaining for a certain time, I am in recovery for PMO addiction. It has taken too much from me over the years and I am not willing to feed the monster any more, it will take everything from me and leave me a shell of who I should be. F that, I'm not having it!

koalaone and livinginhell like this.
  10. koalaone

koalaone Fapstronaut

Reset - self sabotaging

artifact likes this.
  11. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking In.

lack of sleep is killing me. I don't know if it is withdrawal symptom , NoFap thing, brain change but it suckssss....

12. drenelprup

drenelprup Fapstronaut

Day 2 no PM. Went for a bike ride for the first time in a year. Feeling good this evening.

artifact likes this.
  13. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

14. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Had a couple of resets here last few days, but was recovering from a bad dose of the flu, which is never good for the willpower:D. Hope I can get back on track.

artifact likes this.
  15. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut

Checking in.

Had good sleep after many days. Feels good.

born3 and x_Nocturnalis_x like this.
  16. born3

born3 Fapstronaut

Checking in. Things have not been the easiest of late, just feeling a bit low and out of sorts. All good on the PMO front still.

17. flyswat

flyswat Fapstronaut

Reset last Monday. Things were headed in that direction all weekend and wasn't able to re-direct my urges. Viewed P for about 2 hours, no M or O. I can point to some reasons, but at this point they seem more like excuses. On the upside, I've looked at actual P 2 days out of the last 97, which I guess is pretty good, and P-subs about 13 times out of the 97, which is not so great. I've been 84% clean over the past 97 days, which is not too bad considering I was less than .05% clean over the past 45 years.

This week:
    2 days mediation
    1 day exercise

Last edited: Mar 13, 2023
    koalaone and born3 like this.
  18. Bernard O.

Bernard O. Fapstronaut

19. livinginhell

livinginhell Fapstronaut