1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Day 55 - :emoji_star2: You reached Amon Hen, a hill above the western banks of the Anduin. By royal decree, you´re a Warrior of Gondor now!
    [​IMG]

Pass :emoji_ballot_box_with_check:

Warrior? Or Warrior of Gondor? Strange.
    I guess Warrior then since that is what RiseToGreatness put as rank. I will say Warrior of Gondor from time to time.
    I am a Warrior now.

Reflecting, this should have happened the first time around when I came back last year. It would have been epic for myself. Well I'm here now.
    Give me your powah Fellowship :emoji_grinning: I need to fight as a Dunedain Ranger/Galadhrim Warrior/Warrior of Gondor now.

I don't know why but I was watching Pearl Harbor for a bit since I own it. The scene when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. You see, you starting relaxing then all of a sudden boom an explosion of a bomb. Attacks out of nowhere. Don't get complacent. I know the brother Redemptionisrequired ingrained that in me during my journey lol. It's a repetitive advice but it is true. And we need that reminder. I hate it but it is what it is :emoji_laughing:

Fight Fellowship! Fight the PMO forces!

Fighting the PMO Uruk-Hais :emoji_dagger:

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

congratulations brother!

3. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

4. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Thanks, bro!

5. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Made it through to day 31. Very happy about this. :emoji_thumbsup:
    Happy Friday, Fellowship :)

6. Paul S.

Paul S. Fapstronaut

Day 23.

A bit slow day. It's snowing heavily outsides. Still a bit sad, but whatever... I'll go until there is a spark inside to go.

After weekend therapy, I start remembering some more things from my childhood. I remember how much I loved my older brother (he is 7 years older than me). I remember how he taught me to ride bicycle or how he would let me shoot from his guns, or how we would go crazy with food cooking, when we were home alone, or how he would let me sit on his shoulders and carry me around the house. One summer, he took me on his motorcycle and took me some place, where we could pick as much sweet cherries as we wanted. As for little brother, that was everything to me. This clearly shows that there were light moments in my childhood. I am thankful.

Coming back to the issues of today, I am thinking that I should take the wheel of the bus more often. When it comes to my internal stuff, too often I let internal critic, blamer or perfectionist take the wheel and drive me into avoidance. When it comes to pmo, it's the same. No matter the thoughts and distractions, I shouldn't give the wheel to them and I should keep my eyes on the road.

K_car.png

:emoji_palm_tree:

Hard mode + no shutting blockers down - day 23.
    No caffeine (no coffee, tea, chocolate, etc.).
    Calisthenics workout every Saturday. I can do one additional workout on any chosen day. 13 done.

7. Redemptionisrequired

Redemptionisrequired Fapstronaut

Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
  8. Ciceron

Ciceron Fapstronaut

Day 5.

"-What a week, huh? +Captain, it's Friday"
    I'm in this circunstances since Monday. Very bad sleep. Hard times at the job. Today I had a slip with suggestive images.

9. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Not far to go to Dwarf now. Bed early every night this week for the first time in ages. Brain fog has lifted, really clear and articulate today, like the brain is functioning as it should, thanks to the detox of over a month now. The difference between this clear state and that of the fuzzy grey mist of lust, where you feel you are trudging through quicksand, is day and night. Onwards and upwards - short term goal is 180 days full detox!

10. BoromirNY

BoromirNY New Fapstronaut

I'm new here crazyhorse. great to read your post. good on you, man.

11. newbobido

newbobido Fapstronaut

day 0
    I haven't been here for such a long time. for a time a thought that I can do it alone. I can't
    but I'm proud to get back up and to start the long walk to destroy the ring.
    ----
    btw, seeing that my day counter is on 108 just make me realize how far I could have been if I would have stayed and fight. that is just one more punch in the stomach. but shit, I'm still alive so there is still hope

12. theonlyway

theonlyway Fapstronaut

Day 0, again.

I came home from the aforementioned trip, and was tired after a long day on busses, flights and trains.
    But the more pressing issue was that i wasen’t aligned with my goals, i didn’t have a plan for the night and the next days to get closer to them, which i normally do.
    This dosen’t usually happen, but after a long trip like this it sometimes does.

So when the thoughts glimpsed in my mind, i didn’t do anything, and just got carried away by them and relapsed.

Luckily, i dont have many of these trips, but there are some, and in those cases i have to have a plan, so i can stay on track.

The rationalisationen i used to make it ok in the moment was that i dosen’t resllt affect my goals. But it does. It affects my entire life. Everything i do.

So im full of hope and exitement, to get rid of this thing. Because i know i can. It will be painful at times, but we heal everytime we say no.

13. Reghu

Reghu Fapstronaut

Day 26. Elf. (Just realised today that there are achievement identities. Glad to be an elf, one of my favourite species. Congratz and thank you @LLOYYD

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  14. Anas778

Anas778 Fapstronaut

15. JimRacine

JimRacine Fapstronaut

16. Ūruz

Ūruz Fapstronaut

17. PeaceOnEarth108

PeaceOnEarth108 Fapstronaut

18. LLOYYD

LLOYYD Fapstronaut

Day 56 - Warrior

@Redemptionisrequired @Baki Hanma @PeaceOnEarth108 Thank you brothers!
    @Reghu Your welcome

Yes indeed Fellowship, medium to high urges due to online stuff and fantasizing there. Rock hard down below and ready for sexy time in the bed if I had a woman with me. But I endured. Fighting these PMO Uruk-Hais.

Did Boromir regained his honor in the end? I believe so. He still the weaker one among them because he gave in too easily to the Ring.
    PMO Lurtz got him good. I got hit but PMO arrows but I endured. Lastly, feeling angry recently. Anger in me (If it is enough) equals no PMO. It's been a while since I felt this. I'll take that as a win.

Fighting and enduring as a Warrior

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023
  19. nerdy_owl

nerdy_owl Fapstronaut

13 days
    Sorry to been out some days, I relapse the feb 25 and I think that I got ashamed, but again here
    Today I wil work out and will took a cold shower
    Keep strong my brothers.

20. Baki Hanma

Baki Hanma Fapstronaut

Day 318
    @Paul S. After reading you post, some old memories are come to my head. I remembered that I and my brother (cousin but we are like sons of the same mother) played cricket in my grandma's home. After that he climbed the king coconut tree, he threw some king coconuts to me. Haha I ran away like a cheetah. It was a joke. After that we ate them sneakily. Because our grandma didn't like that. Another beautiful thing was we create a small tree house on the branches of the cashew tree. On that days, we thought we were Soldiers. we used that house as our camp. we create some guns(not exactly same) using bamboo trees. I remembered that I played GTA vice city at first time with him.Now my brother is a teacher in a school.....Good old days.....Happy weekend brothers

Last edited: Mar 11, 2023